Flashback ~ 1

1957

It was a beautiful summers morning in Tennessee. The sun shone down on Evelina Salvatore as she drank sweet tea at a local cafe whilst reading a newspaper. Her peace was broken by her best friend Jocelyn Banks.

"Evelina? I need to talk to you

"Evelina? I need to talk to you." Jocelyn said.

"So talk." Evelina replied.

"Not with listening ears." Jocelyn hinted to the vampire sitting around them.

Evelina groaned as they walked together to Jocelyn's apartment. The vampire problem was slowly increasing in Tennessee. The only exception Jocelyn made, as a witch, was for Evelina. But Jocelyn had been uneasy for weeks as the arrival of Kol Mikaelson had increased the vampire population. But as they had no way of exterminating him, the girls had to think of another plan.

Lucky for them, another Mikaelson had just arrived into town. Klaus.

"You hate vampires Jocelyn. Why would you help one?" Evelina inquired.

"Look, Klaus promised to dagger Kol because apparently he escaped him earlier last year. I'm only helping him to get rid of Kol." Jocelyn explained.

"Alright fine, when can I meet this Klaus?" Evelina asked.

"Soon, but I must warn he isn't the easygoing type." Jocelyn said.

~~~~~

As Evelina walked down the beautiful streets, she was taken a back by somebody grabbing her arm

"Hello beautiful." Kol Mikaelson whispered in her ear.

"Kol. I told you to stop with the sneaking up on me! Besides, I hate your flirting." Evelina argued.

"Oh don't be silly love, you like it. You love the way I drive you mad." He smirked.