12 - Lina

Evelina sat at a bar once again to drink away her sorrows. Slowly she was turning into Damon but at least she wasn't killing people. All she felt was hate and pain the only way she knew to get rid of it was to avoid the situation completely. One man took interest in the drunk girl and approached her.

"Hey is this seat empty?" He asked.

"Yes, and this one will be too if you sit down." Evelina replied.

"You're funny." The man laughed as he sat.

" I wasn't joking." Evelina responded and got up to leave but he stopped her by grabbing her hand.

"Let me buy you a drink." The man offered.

"Keep the money and buy yourself a new haircut." Evelina snapped and strutted away. The mans friends laughed at his idiocy.

The embarassed man took it upon himself to try and get redeemed by following out of the bar.

"Hey come on, I could make you happy." He said.

"And you could make me happier by leaving me the fuck alone." Evelina replied.

"Why?" The man pestered. Evelina groaned in frustration.

"Leave." She tried to compel.

"So soon?" He said, clearly wearing vervain.

"You know what, I've changed my mind. Come with me." She smiled and the man smirked excitedly.

Evelina led the man into a dark alleyway.

"You're into some weird kinky shit huh?" The man smirked.

"You could say that." Evelina responded as she bit into his neck.

~~

Meanwhile, at the Salvatore boarding house Damon and Stefan sat together beside the fire.

"You should go find her Damon." Stefan said.

"Evelina? Why?" Damon asked.

"Because she's our sister, and you told her to leave. You tried to send her away after we just got eachother back!" Stefan scolded.

"I only said it to keep Elena safe." Damon explained.

"Elena is never going to be safe, at least if we have Eve we have more chance of keeping her away from harm." Stefan said.

"It's not my fault that Evelina took it so harshly."

"Do you not feel bad at all? You know Eve, whenever she gets hurt she runs. Like when we were kids and she would run away from days at the time. Well now if might be years. We might never get her back again."

"Stefan, Evelina can handle herself she said that herself."

"We're her older brothers, she shouldn't have to know how to handle herself."

"It's not exactly like we've been brothers of the year for the past century!"

"But now we can! We can make up on all those years we thought we'd lost her. Do you remember when Katherine's compulsion broke and we thought that we allowed Evelina to die? You remember that pain? We have her back now, don't let her run again."

Damon felt a sting of pain on his chest when Stefan reminded him of that moment. He grabbed his leather jacket and headed out of the house in search for Evelina.

~~

In the alleyway beside the grill, the man let out a scream but was muffled by Evelina's hand. She tore into his artery and drank his blood until he became lifeless and fell to the floor, dead. It had been years since Evelina had killed somebody yet she felt no remorse.