Regret Message (English)

Techno pushed through the crowd of people he got as far as the border near the beach when he heard the dreaded sound of someone screaming in horror as his brother died.

He pressed his eyes tight and pushed on. He jumped over a coastal rock and rolled, falling to the sand below. He pushed himself up and attempted to wade wobbly through the sand. The sand getting in his brown hair and engraining in his hands and his shins.

Finally, he got to the coastline, where he finally gave up his running and collapsed.

He woke up later that day to a familiar face with soft fluffy brown hair and beautiful blue eyes treating his wounds.
The boy smiled at Techno.
"Oh good, you're awake!" He smiled.
He was so familiar...
Ugh! Curse his awful memory and object permanence!

"I'm Tommy!" The boy greeted.
Wait..... As in.....
"Dave," Techno greeted softly attempting to sit up.
"Nice to see you again, brother," Tommy smiled.

--------

Techno slipped the paper inside a glass bottle and slipped out of the church. He kept his feet bare and the wind blew the long black fabric of his clothes. He didn't mind though as he walked only a few meters from the church and waded a foot into the waters.

He kneeled down and gently pressed his lips to the lip of the bottle.

In a town by a port looking out into the sea.
Alone on the sand stands a boy crying.

A custom persists, today it still exists. Traditions from long long ago.

Techno took a deep breath and lowered it so he could see the bottle better. It was Sunday, he did this every Sunday.
Today wouldn't be any different.

--------

Tommy tilted his head as Techno wrote down a prayer, a wish, on a piece of thick paper he had gotten from town.
"What are you doing?" Tommy asked, his beautiful blue eyes outmatched his older brother's teal ones.

"Well... There's a tradition that dad taught me once. Wilbur liked to do it a lot too-" Techno explained.
"What do you do?" Tommy asked.
Techno smiled and handed him a piece of paper, a pen, and a glass bottle.

"Well, you write down your wish on a piece of parchment, and you place it in a bottle," Techno explained tapping his pen on his words.
Tommy's eyes sparkled.
"Then you let it flow off into the ocean, and supposedly, someday it will grow and your heart's desire will be real!" Techno proclaimed happily.

Tommy's eyes glazed over and shifted to look at the paper in front of him.
"Can I try?" Tommy asked.
"Of course! We can let them go together this time!" Techno agreed.

--------

Techno placed the bottle in the ocean and watched as it was taken by the waves.

"Flow along glass bottle and please don't take too long," Techno prayed, biting his inner bottom lip, "'cause what I want most is in that message! And on the other side of this sunset, right there my wish will disappear."

-------

Techno's hand trailed the wall as he made his way through the halls of the church.
He sat down at the confessional. He took a deep breath and pulled his legs in. He closed his eyes and the only thing plaguing his mind was his brother he used as a slave.

"You would always do everything I asked you to-"

Techno chuckled and twirled his hair around his finger.

"Really any request of mine and yet I still was a spoiled selfish brat and I really regret that.... I always caused problems for you...." Techno chuckled softly until it turned into soft sobs.

On the other side of the confessional Tommy bit his lip trying to not make any sounds.
How could he be so blind?

-------

Techno sat on the shore, his feet in the water, a bottle in hand.
"You who would grant me every single wish... Are no longer here with me. In this blue sea, will all my feeling arrive to where you are!"

Techno pulled himself up and placed the bottle in the water. It was yanked by the current from that day and he sighed.
"Flow along, little wish, and please don't take too long. To take away my tears and all my regret. It was too late by then to fix my sins... And they've taken you far from me." Techno cried.

"Flow along, glass bottle, and please don't take too long."
A tall child stepped out onto the sand from the risks by the church. In his hand, he held something sharp that he wouldn't let go of.

"'Cause what I want the most is in that message."
He was determined. And nothing would stop him.

"And the other side of this sunset, right there my wish will disappear."

As he got closer his grip only grew tighter. He was going to do it.
Techno deserved it.

"Flow along little wish and please don't take too long..."

The boy stood behind Techno, pulling the knife out from behind his back.

"To take away my tears and all my regret."

He raised the knife up high over his head, determination in his eyes.

"Of we're ever reborn I hope in my next life-"

-------

"Techno!" Wilbur laughed his feet buried in the same of the beach. Techno flicked him off trying not to laugh at his older brother's antics.
"Come on you 2!" Their dad called from the church.
Both boys looked up and laughed.
Tommy stood at the base of the rocks by the church climbing on top of one 3 × his size while Phil tried to help him get up to him.

Both boys climbed up and ran to the blond half of their family.

"Hey Techno?" Wil commented as they got closer.
"Yeah?" Techno asked.
"Wanna know what I wished?" Wilbur asked.
Techno scrunched his nose but nodded none-the-less.
"I wished.... For you to be happy forever!" Wilbur proclaimed.

"Yeah?" Techno asked.
"Yeah!"
"Alright, then stay by my side forever!" Techno declared with a soft smile.
Wilbur nodded happily and hugged the longer haired brunette.

"What are you 2 going on about?" Dad laughed.
"Nothing!" Both boys replied with a laugh.
"Alright then, let's go home you 3!"