The Call 🐇

Bad's legs kicked as he smiled up at the sky.
Skeppy read below him in his produced shade.

"It started out as a feeling, which then grew into a hope, which then turned into a quiet thought, which then turned into a quiet word," Bad explained his legs slowing down.
"Sure, I guess," Skeppy sighed his cheek pressing into his palm as he tried desperately to continue thinking about his work and not the light reflecting off Bad's black skin or white eyes.

"And then that word grew louder and louder! Till it was a battle cry!" Bad explained his kicking stopped and he grinned down at the younger.
"I'll come back when you call me! No need to say goodbye," Bad smiled down at Skeppy.
Skeppy looked up at him.

Skeppy smiled back and Bad hopped off the small wall.
"Just because everything's changing, doesn't mean it's never been this way before," Bad hummed holding a hand out to his younger friend.
Skeppy gladly took it.

"All you can do is try to know who you're friends are, as you head off to the war!" Bad pulled the younger up and grinned.
He pulled him away from his book and began leading him through the streets.

"Pick a star on the dark horizon and follow the light!" Bad instructed pointing off in the distance to a brightly glowing star, one of the first few in the sky so far.

"You'll come back when it's over, no need to say goodbye. You'll come back when it's over, no need to say goodbye!" Bad assured quietly continuing to lead Skeppy through the streets, his hand intertwined with Skep's.

They passed Dream chatting with George as they carried on.
They looked up as they passed, curious as to why they were up so late.

They continued until they reached spawn and they stopped.
"Now we're back at the beginning, it's just a feeling and no one knows yet," Bad hummed walking forwards, ahead of Skeppy, his hand leaving the younger's.

He turned slowly and sadly smiled at him.
"But just because they can't feel it too doesn't mean that you have to forget," Bad smile grew.

Bad clasped his hands around Skeppy's and his smile grew, a few tears escaping his eyes and down his cheeks.
"Let your memories grow stronger and stronger, till they're before your eyes!" Bad encouraged.

Skeppy smiled just as wide.
"You'll come back when they call you, no need to say goodbye. You'll come back when they call you, no need to say goodbye...." Bad hummed pulling off.
But it didn't take long for Skeppy to get the hint, and soon they were sprawled out on the streets crying, laughing, and hugging.

Yeah.... Skeppy differently needed this!

"Thanks, Bad..." Skeppy whispered and Bad chuckled, flicking Skeppy's tears from his eyes playfully.
"Any time Sgeppy," he replied his smile growing at the sight of Skeppy's.

They both needed it.