REBIRTH

Five months had already passed since Tori had said goodbye to Elijah.
It had not always been easy, but both knew it was necessary for the good of the family.
Tori was happy to have Rebekah and Hope around, but too many worries plagued her and made it hard to sleep at night. Hope grew more and more and the two sisters never thought that a little baby could bring so much joy and happiness.
The house they were staying at was gigantic and it was in the middle of nature. Every evening Tori sat on the porch and tried to feel Elijah. She missed him so much, but to convince the others of their separation, all contact by phone was also forbidden.

Cami had tried to reach her several times, but Tori had to stay strong and hoped that her best friend would forgive her.
"You think too much Tori," said Rebekah who had been watching her sister-in-law all the time.
Tori snorted in offence. "I miss him, I miss Cami, heck I even miss this stupid town. Besides, I feel myself getting weaker every day. The more she grows, the more of my magic she drains."
Rebekah didn't quite understand what Tori was getting at.
"Wait, I thought when witches lost their magic, they would just feel human again."
"Yes that's true, but since I'm not a normal witch, but also half vampire, the whole thing isn't so easy on my body. There's a chance I might lapse into a coma when I give birth."

Rebekah didn't know what to say to that. "I'm going to sleep," Tori whispered and made her way to her bedroom.
As she was walking up the stairs, she felt a sharp pain suddenly in her chest.
"What is that?" hissed Tori in pain, trying to grab hold.
Rebekah was instantly at her side holding her tight.
"Tori what's wrong?"
The witch was unable to answer at all. The pain was so bad that her eyes went black for a moment.
With a trembling hand she grabbed the spot where the pain came from and Rebekah tore open her blouse.
The vampire looked in panic at the place where grey skin was visible.
But then the pain was gone as quickly as it had come and the skin returned to its normal colour.

"I just spoke to Nik, and it looks like not only is our father back to kill us all, but so is our mother. Is there never an end to it? How many times do we have to kill them both, it's getting boring already."
In the meantime, Tori had laid down in her bed and tried to relax a little.
But how could the witch relax when her husband had just been almost killed?
"I think the reason I could feel Elijah's pain is because the baby connects us. Normally he should feel it too when something happens to me."
Rebekah dropped onto the bed with Tori and reached for her hand.
They looked at each other and neither of them had to say anything. They understood each other without speaking - together the family would get through anything.

It was the middle of the night when Tori was woken up by her mobile phone. Tired, the witch reached for it and answered it without looking to see who was calling.
"Victoria. Can you hear me?"
"Margary what's wrong? Are you okay?" Tori was wide awake in an instant.
"Listen to me carefully now. I need you to return to New Orleans right now. Esther has something terrible planned for you and your family. You are the only one who can stop her now. No one knows of your power, I know you feel weaker than ever, but that's because the magic doesn't flow through you alone. I will cast a cloaking spell so no one can see your baby bump or hear her heartbeat. There is no time to lose, my child."

Tori wasted no time, she packed as quickly as she could, informed Rebekah and immediately drove off in her black BMW.
The brothers had no idea that Tori was on her way back. They had their hands full with other things and it didn't look good for the family.

After 5 hours of driving, the witch had finally reached New Orleans and her body could experience Esther's dark magic right away. As if her daughter wanted to tell her where her father was being held, Tori hurried towards the cemetery. 
Nearing the entrance to the crypt, 4 witches and werewolves stepped forward, but without blinking an eye, Tori let all who stood in her way go screaming to the ground.

Candles were lit throughout the crypt and there was a strong smell of burning incense and sage.
Tori wrinkled her nose in disgust, probably because of her pregnancy.
When she caught sight of Elijah, she did not hesitate and ran forward. He was chained and the sight of him reminded the witch of an event that happened over 100 years ago.

The doll hanging from the wall bound him to these shackles and he was not conscious. She quickly removed the doll and let it burst into flames.
"Baby can you hear me?" she whispered frantically and scanned his face, but he was in another world. As if the chains weighed nothing, Tori tore them off, not wondering why she was suddenly so strong.

Before Elijah could sink to the ground, Tori caught him and knelt on the ground in front of him. "Please wake up. I am here. Please," she sobbed, staring at his lifeless face.
His clothes were stained with blood and there was even blood in his hair. 
Suddenly Elijah opened his eyes and the first thing he saw were the blue eyes he had fallen in love with. He breathed heavily and looked into his wife's eyes, startled. "Tori," was all he could say. Esther had weakened him and he desperately needed blood.

The vampire gathered all his strength and pressed Tori against him. He could not believe that she was here with him. Tori was relieved that he was conscious again and breathed in his familiar scent.
"Tori?" a voice suddenly asked from behind them and she broke away from Elijah, still supporting him.
Niklaus looked at his sister-in-law, confused and relieved at the same time. "Take him home, I'll take care of this." The hybrid was grateful to see her again at that moment, but his worries were growing by the minute.

Elijah was weak and could barely keep his strength up. The witch put his arm around her shoulder and disappeared with vampire speed.
Only when they were in their bedroom did she stop and set Elijah down on the edge of the bed. He was still very weak and trying to come to terms with what had happened. Tori stood in front of him and put her hands to his cheeks. Immediately he reached for her hands and looked at her. "What are you doing here? It's too dangerous for you." Although she had always loved him for his care, at that moment she could think of nothing but his safety.
"Margary sent me here. We'll talk about that later, you need to get your strength back first."

Tori tilted her neck and brushed her long blonde hair to one side.
"No."
The witch raised an eyebrow in annoyance. "You need to feed, you're weak and as far back as I can remember you've always loved my blood."
"It's too dangerous, I'm not myself right now. I have longed for you for months and it has driven me mad. I don't want to hurt you," Elijah said tensely, leaning back a little. The witch, however, ignored his words and pushed him backwards. Before he could speak back, she sat on him and looked deep into his eyes. "I'm not giving you a choice," she whispered and pressed her lips to his. The vampire greedily returned the kiss and pulled Tori even closer. When the witch stopped the kiss and released her neck, Elijah knew he had no choice.

He sank his teeth into her neck and closed his eyes. Tori moaned briefly and felt her magic pass over to him.
When he had fed enough, he detached himself from her neck and straightened up together with her. He looked at his wife lustfully and stroked her lips with his thumbs. "I've missed you so much."