Why?

I dreamed of you every night

I dreamed of you every night. It felt so real. And when I'd wake up the next morning, it was like your disappearance was fresh. Like you'd left me all over again.

The vampire had decided to take his fiancée with him and was hoping for a debate. He had suffered all these years, but he had never regretted his decision. His pain was nothing compared to her safety.
When Elijah stopped in front of the old family mansion, one hand still wrapped around Victoria's waist, he cleared his throat. "Tori, I know I've caused you a lot of pain, but I swear, if it wasn't for your safety, I never would've left you."
"Elijah, you left me alone. My family left me. Do you think one word from you is enough to make it all go away? You of all people should know what you did with your disappearances," Tori replied and released herself from his grip. All the pain that she had felt these years hit her and she felt completely lost, like she would drown in her emotions. Victoria asked herself how she should deal with the fact that the love of her life was now standing in front of her like he'd never left.

Agitated, the vampire/witch ran back and forth and wanted to scream at him, she wanted to hit Elijah and drag him into the next bedroom, but she preferred to keep that to herself.
Elijah watched her every step. It was hard for the old vampire to not grab her and force her to listen. But he detested such behavior.

"Darling.", it was no more than a whisper, but it made Victoria stop and look at him.
At first, Elijah thought she was ready to hear him out, but apparently, he was wrong. Her normally blue eyes looked almost black and when the lights outside the house started to flicker it was clear that it wouldn't be long before Tori weakened herself completely. When he had turned her back then to break the curse her own mother had put on her it had unfortunately also left its mark.
"Every day I wondered if you were okay, if you were all together. Every damn day I felt like I was suffocating from my loneliness. Do you know how often I wondered if all the things you promised me were just empty words? "the woman sobbed in front of him and clenched her hands in fists. The woman's body trembled and when she couldn't hold back the tears anymore she let go of the magic and threw Elijah backwards. The noble vampire knew he deserved more than that.
He quickly straightened up and looked at his beloved Tori.
Her eyes said everything in that moment. The fear that she would never see him again, the pain she felt every night when she searched for him in her dreams. All the tears she had shed over him. He could see all that in her eyes. And to see her like that, caused him so much pain, pain he deserved.
"I am sorry. My magic.. ," muttered the ever-weakening woman, and bit her lower lip.
Suddenly Elijah stood so close to the woman that their noses almost touched.
Gently he put his hands to her cheeks and looked deep into her eyes, which slowly turned blue again. "Tori, concentrate on me. I am here and I will never leave you again. I swear to you that I never cause you pain again. And if you want me back in your life I promise that nothing can tear us apart anymore. No witches. No Mikael. Nobody. ," Elijah growled and hoped that his fiancée would calm down. Her breathing slowed down again and her vision became clearer.
"You still love me?", asked the blonde worried and put her trembling hands on Elijah's chest.
"I never stopped."
Without waiting for a reaction to his confession, Elijah pressed his lips to those of Tori. One kiss was enough and he felt her magic shooting through his body and his lips tingling. The vampire/witch returned the kiss and pressed herself completely against her fiance. Memories of hot sex they had together were flashing before her eyes and she knew that Elijah could see them too. The Noble Vampire growled and separated from his future wife to take her in his arms and hold her.
"Apparently, as usual, nobody missed me. Such a shame that my dearest sister in law, which by the way is also my best friend, doesn't think about welcoming me. And I thought 100 years without me must have been boring my dearest Tori.", suddenly someone protested and made Victoria flinch.
When she saw the hybrid, the woman released herself from Elijah's arms and it wasn't a second before she hugged her brother-in-law and best friend. Niklaus missed Victoria very much, she was the only one who could understand him in every way because they shared the same fate. No matter how cruel he was in the past, she never judged him.
But now the family was reunited, and the hybrid knew that no matter what came, the family would not run away.
Niklaus wondered how Tori would react to the fact that the cruel monster would be a father himself.
The two brothers smiled contentedly at each other and thought the same thing at the moment."Always and forever."

After Victoria had calmed down a bit, the rest of the family gathered and brought each other up to date. Victoria heard the news that there would soon be a baby in the family and was more than happy about it. Although she didn't know for sure if she liked Hayley or not. In her opinion, she stared too often in Elijah's direction. And she was damn jealous. Rebekah grinned like a little child and drank her whiskey. She had her friend back and couldn't wait to train with her again. The two women were more than gifted in martial arts, even if you wouldn't judge them that way just visually.
"So Tori what can you tell us about Marcel and the other vampires? Since you've been here for the last 5 years I assume you know how to overthrow him," the hybrid teased his sister-in-law and grinned murderously in her direction.
Victoria, however, suddenly felt uncomfortable, and of course this did not escape Elijah. He stood behind the woman, his glass of rum in one hand and one hand resting on Tori's shoulder. He knew that his mere touch always gave her security. And he wanted to avoid making her feel like prey now that he had her back.
"Of course I know some special details and things, but you have to give me your word that you will let me speak first and when I am finished you can decide if you're going to kill him now or later," demanded the blonde and looked admonishingly at her best friend as she spoke.
All were silent, and since the vampire/witch knew that they gave their word, she began to speak.

"So first of all, you should know that Marcel doesn't know who I am. He has no idea that me and Elijah are engaged, or that I belong to your family. What he does know, unfortunately, and has used to his advantage, are my magical powers. Davina, who you already know, is a powerful witch, but she can control her powers even less than I can. Since Marcel has forbidden the witches to practice their magic, there are always riots and they never end well. His followers are loyal to him, but not all of them really like his kind of leadership."

"What do you mean he used your powers to his advantage? ," Rebekah asked, hoping for something that wouldn't make her two brothers explode immediately.
Ashamed, Victoria looked briefly at Elijah before telling her family the truth about her powers.
"After you left me that night, I was hurt. So I suppressed my feelings for a few months. Until an old witch in London found me and tried to restore my balance of power. But the curse of my mother was too strong, but she could unleash my powers and so I know now what I am capable of. The downside, however, is that I can only control my powers if I feed on vampire blood. But I prefer not to use my powers, I know what you are thinking Nik, but my powers are not a blessing but a curse. There is black magic inside of me, and every time I use it, I weaken myself and eventually it will kill me."
Nobody said anything. Apparently, it took everyone a few minutes to process. Elijah was the first one to say anything and he didn't look reassured. "So my darling, what exactly did Marcel make you do?"
"I had to train with Davina, so basically she tortured me, and when she kind of released my magic he took me with him to kill some powerful witches.", explained Victoria and looked afraid to her loved ones.
Elijah and Nik stared at each other, apparently they were thinking about killing him right away.
"Brothers please. Can't we at least have one quiet evening tonight, now that we're almost all together again. Tomorrow we can worry about the problems with Marcel and Davina again, please, I beg you for just one evening," Rebekah whined and hoped to change her older brothers' minds with her innocent smile.
Nik stared at his sister and when his posture relaxed and he ran his hand through his dark blonde hair she knew she had won.
"Okay well, I think a little bit of relaxation will do us all some good today. Tomorrow we'll draw up a battle plan. I want my city back."
And with these words, the hybrid nodded to his brother and it wasn't a second before Elijah had disappeared with Victoria.
The two had a hundred years of catching up to do, and Elijah couldn't wait to be alone with her.