The Beginning

You left like I was never a reason to
stay

It was a rainy and stormy day in New Orleans when Victoria Montgomery returned after her 2 week trip from London.
The blonde woman, who was not only a vampire but also a witch, looked like a 25 year old, but actually she was already 250 years old.
She had spent the first 125 years of her vampire existence at the side of the Mikaelson family. Together by the side of Elijah, her true love. Or so she thought. Until the entire family left her behind 100 years ago.
It not only broke her heart, it destroyed her. Even though she knew they had done it for her protection, she had been angry and hurt.Not a day went by without her missing her best friend Nik, and her fiancé.

Completely soaked from all the rain, the woman stumbled into the bar where her best friend Camille was working again tonight.
"You're back," Cami greeted her best friend and pulled her into her arms, ignoring the fact that she herself was getting wet.
"That almost sounds like you missed me."
Cami gave the blonde a rebuking look and dragged her back to the bar.
Victoria sat down and gratefully accepted her beloved honey rum and sipped it.

While the 2 friends were talking about the trip from London, Victoria's magic began to take effect and the blonde could sense that someone very powerful was nearby.
She became nervous and quickly said goodbye to her best friend, with the excuse that she had a lot of work to catch up on.
The rain had subsided a little and the streets were almost empty due to the weather.
Victoria made her way to her apartment, but all the time she had the feeling not to be alone. Shortly before the house she lived in, she turned around and if she was still human, she probably would have had a heart attack.
Her whole body started shaking, and the vampire didn't utter a single word. Her eyes were fixed on the man who had left her exactly 100 years ago. Because of her magic, Victoria was overwhelmed by the feelings of the man before her, and she felt a sharp pain in her head.
"Tori it's really you," Elijah said and took another step closer to the woman who, he noticed, was still wearing her engagement ring.
Only the sound of his voice was enough, and the vampire/witch managed to control her magic.
His presence completely overwhelmed Victoria and she didn't know what to do. Should she scream at him? Run away? Hit him? Or throw herself into his arms? The woman didn't know.
"Hi," was all the blonde could say.
Elijah's expression grew softer, but the original was unsure what to say.
All these years Victoria had wondered if he was doing well and if he had forgotten her. Too many questions were going through her mind at that moment. When Elijah noticed how nervous she was getting, he moved even closer and reached for her hand. Surprised by the effect of a harmless touch, the confused woman looked at the hand that held hers. One detail immediately caught her eye and she lost control over her feelings.
He was wearing his engagement ring just like she was.
She looked up questioningly, and his look alone softened her knees.
"You're wearing your ring," whispered the vampire, sobbing softly.

When Elijah understood what his beloved wanted to achieve, he realized what he had done with his disappearance.
Victoria began to cry and clawed at his shoulder.
His feelings and her own were too much for the vampire woman, and in such moments she wished she had no magical powers.
"Everything's gonna be okay. I am here," and with these words the noble vampire pressed his fiancée to him and disappeared with her.