t w o.

Ariella's POV:

The next morning was awfully quiet. I had gotten ready and I didn't even hear a sound anywhere in the house.

I grabbed my bag and checked around the house. He didn't come home last night.

"Fuck yes!" I said shouted. I went into the kitchen and made myself a Nutella sandwich before leaving for school.

I limped all the way and went into my History classroom and sat at the back with Nate and Riley.

"Hey." I said.

"Did you hear what happened last night?" Nate asked.

"No I was sleeping." I said taking out my books.

"There was a shooting at the bar last night and a lot of people died." My head whipped around.

"Wait the bar nearest to my house." I asked.

"Yeah that one." Riley replied.

"Steven didn't come home last night because he went to the bar." I said smiling. Their eyes widened.

"Wait so there's a possibility that he was there at the time." Nate asked. I nodded.

"Hell yes!" Riley screamed. I laughed loudly.

"Riley sit down right now." Miss said.

"No I'm celebrating." She said.

"Well go and celebrate in the principals office and not my lesson." She shouted pointed at the door.

"Gladly." She said walking out. I followed her because I didn't want to stay in History.

"Don't forget me assholes." Nate said running after us.

We started playing around in corridor on our way to the office. When we walked in the office and I could see the receptionist looking at me in sympathy. I rolled my eyes and we walked into the principals office and sat down.

"Oh Miss. Thompson and I was just about to call you." She said. We didn't show any emotion. We just stared at him.

"Well I have some sad news for you. The kind officer would like to tell you." She said. I turned and saw a police officer and a man in a very expensive suit.

"I'm very sorry to say that your father-"

"Stepfather." We said cutting him off. I saw the man smile a bit.

"Your stepfather was shot last night and didn't survive." The police officer said with pity. I didn't do anything, all I did was sit there.

"Miss did you hear me?" He said.

"Yes I heard you. So what's happens now? Do I go to an orphanage now?" I asked in a monotone voice.

"Now actually you will be living with your 4 brothers." He said.

"WHAT?!" We screamed.

"There must be some kind of mistake here. I was never told I had brothers." I said standing up way to quickly. Pain shot up my thigh and I learned to ignore it.

"Well you do. I'm Marcello Romano. I'm your older brother." He said. My eyes widened. He looked like me?

"We need to leave soon. You have to go pack your stuff." He said

"Wait where are we moving to?" I ask.

"Florida." My eyes widened once more.

"THATS SO MANY STATES AWAY." I shouted.

"I know but you can visit any times you want." He said. I sighed.

"The funeral is in 2 days. I'm sorry for your loss." I nodded and left the room. I headed to my locker.

I took out my necklace that I hid from my mom and Steven. I didn't want them selling it.

Romano. March 12 2004.

I sighed and put it on. I turned and saw Nate and Riley standing there with tears in their eyes. I hugged them tightly.

"I'm gonna miss you two." I said tears falling out my eyes.

"We are going to miss you too. Don't forget us." Nate whispered. I smacked his head.

"I can never forget you two. I love you guys." I cried.

"We love you too." Riley cried out.

"Ariella. It's time to go." I heard Marcello say. I kissed their cheeks and left. I wiped my eyes and followed him out.

I got into his car and he drove to my house. I walked in and saw the blood on the floor from yesterday. I quickly ran and threw a cloth there and stood on it.

"What are you doing?" He asked.

"Oh nothing." I said and then walked away.

I went up stairs and started packing.

...

I put my bags in the car.

"Before we leave, can you stop by the Cafe down the street?" I asked.

"Ok." He said nodding and driving off.

When we arrived, I walked in.

"Mom!" I shouted. She walks out and sees me.

"Ari baby. Aren't you supposed to be in school?" She said. I jumped over the counter and hugged her.

"I'm leaving." I said.

"What why?" She asked.

"Steven died and now I have to live with my brothers in Florida." I said crying hugging her tightly.

"Ohh baby. I'm going to miss you. You have grown up to be such a beautiful girl. You are one of my daughters and I love you so much." She cried to me.

"I love you too." I whispered.

"Here take this for the trip." She said passing me some vanilla cheesecake.

"Thank you." I whisper hugging her again. She kisses my forehead. I walk and wave goodbye before jumping back into the car. I sighed looking back as he drives off.

I love you all.

Thank you for reading 💕.