s e v e n t e e n.

d o u b l e  u p d a t e :)

Ariella's POV:

1 year and 6 months ago...

It's been two months since Nate's fathers death and I've been doing everything to make him feel better.

Even if it means get extra hits from Steven.

I'll do anything for him because I know watching someone get shot and die in front of you is traumatic. Besides he is my best friend.

I open his front door and walk into the kitchen with groceries. His house is a mess. Probably because he isn't in the right mental state to clean it. So I'll give a helping hand and clean it for him.

Once I finish cleaning his kitchen, I pick up the dirty laundry around his house and throw it in the washing machine. I quickly vacuum his floor and wipe the counters.

I made him some pasta for dinner and fruits bowls for breakfast tomorrow. I walk up the stairs and knock on his door.

"Hey Nate. You okay in there?" I ask quiet and soft. He didn't reply but I could hear his muffled cries. My eyes started to sting as I heard him.

His Dad was a good man. He treated everyone with kindness and equality. But for Nate, it was worse. Growing up with just a father and no mother so he has no parents. That's not what's bad. He watched his father die in front of him. The life getting sucked out of him. I couldn't imagine how hard the must be.

Now he has no one but me and Riley.

I open the door and looked inside. He was sitting against his bed. His knees to his face. I sighed sadly and sat in front of him. I rubbed his back softly while hugging him.

"I can't live without him. I can't." He sobbed into my shoulder. I stayed silent for a while until he calmed down. I slowly wiped his tears.

"You can. I know you can." I replied. He puts his head back on his knees when I get up. I go through his wardrobe to clean clothes. I put it in the bathroom along with his towel.

"Nate. I know it's tough but you got to push through it slowly. We'll do small things everyday. Today you will have a shower. It doesn't have to be a long one." I said to him. I put my hand out for him to take. He stared at it for a while before taking it. I lead him to the shower and closed the door.

"I'm going to clean your room. Is that okay?" I asked.

"Yeah." He said barely above a whisper. I nodded and headed to clean his room.

After 30 minutes, I had finished and Nate was still in the shower. I picked up the trash bin and dumped it in the garbage bag. I took it outside and Riley's car pulled up into the driveway.

"Is he alright?" She asked with a hopeful voice.

"His Dad died. Of course he isn't alright." I said walking back in annoyed.

She asks the same question every single day for no reason even though she knows the fucking answer. It pisses me off.

I saw Nate at the top of the stairs going into his room. I ran up the stairs and into his room.

"Thanks Ari." He said looking at his clean room.

"It isn't a problem. Do you want dinner?" I replied. He shrugged.

"When was the last time you ate?" I asked concerned.

"I don't remember." He whispered. I took his hand and started walking out of the room.