n i n e t e e n.

Ariella's POV:

Present time.. (December 17th 2020)

"BITCH WAKE THE FUCK UP AND PACK YOUR SHIT!" Toby screams in my ear. I shot up holding my ear.

"I'm going to kill you." I said. I threw my comforter off me as he ran out the room. I ran out and started to catch him. I turn around the corner and a wave of cling film hit my face.

Maya and Toby stood there laughing while I held my nose.

"OW YOU IDIOTS!" I shouted. I got up and walked back to my room. I went back to bed after finding out it was only 7am.

"Don't fall asleep. We have to leave in two hours. Our plane leaves at 11:30." Maya chuckled.

"Plane?" I asked confused.

"Yep. Elias is taking us on the plane because it's faster and our stuff will be delivered. Including your car and packages." She explained pulling the comforter off me.

"So we don't have to take anything?" I question sitting up.

"No we still have to take our suitcases. I meant all the big stuff are coming later on." She said pulling my hand and pushing me in my bathroom.

"Where is he anyways?" I asked.

"He went to buy stuff at Target. He'll meet us at the airport." She explained and I nodded.

"Now get ready." She said shutting the door in my face. I groan and turn on the shower.

...

After a while, I come out and do my normal routine. I put my hair in a quick bun and go into some comfy clothes.

I walk out my room and bump into Nate.

"Oh sorry." He said walking into his room. I stood there and stared at him.

Maybe I should tell him what happened. He's accepted that his Dad died so maybe now would be a good time.

I knock on his door and he opens it.

"Ariella?" He said confused.

"I have something to tell you." I blurted out. He lets me in his room and I sit down on his chair.

"What?"

"I lied to you. I know what happened to your Dad's grave and I need to get it off my chest before I leave." I said looking down at my fingers.

"It was probably just a drunk man who didn't know what he was doing. It's fine now." He explained.

"No it's not fine and it wasn't a man." I spoke firmly.

"Who was it then?" He chuckled crossing his arms.

"I'm sorry but it was...Riley." I answered looking into his eyes. His facial expressions changed from shock to sadness to hate.

"Why didn't you tell me?" He shouted.

"You weren't in the right mental state. You were just diagnosed and you were grieving. I didn't want to make it harder on you." I explained. His eyes softened at my reasoning.

"It's okay. I get where you were coming from." He sighed. I nodded in relief.

"But why?" He asked.

"Apparently you didn't love her." I said.

"Love her? All I said was we couldn't be a thing when she asked. She tried to kiss me but I pushed her away. Love was never brought up in the conversation." He explained.