s e v e n.

Ariella's POV:

I wake up breathing heavily. I look around and I'm in my room. I hate nightmares. I checked the time.

4:39am

I got up and walked down the hall to Mateo's room. I walked in and he was in his bed sitting down.

"Ella? What are you doing awake?" He said. New nickname? Hmm I like it.

"I had a nightmare." I whisper walking to him.

"Me too. Come lie next to me." He said. I get into his bed and lie down.

"You still get nightmares?" I ask.

"Yeah. It's been years now." He sighed. Didn't he tell someone? They probably didn't believe him like usual.

"I know what you're thinking. I did try to tell someone but they-"

"Never believed you. Trust me I know the feeling." I said cutting him. He sighed sadly.

"It sucks huh?" He asks.

"Yeah." I agree.

"Can I sleep with you tonight?" I ask.

"Sure." He says. We talk for what feels like hours before finally falling asleep.

...

I wake up and see it's 7:54am. I sit up and shake Mateo.

"Mateo. What time does school start?" I whisper yawning.

"8:05. Why?" He yawned. My eyes widened.

"We're are going to be late. It's 7:54." I shout jumping out of the bed. He got up and checked the time.

"Someone turned off the alarm!" He shouted before running into his bathroom. I ran to my bathroom.

I brushed my teeth. I did a little mascara and lipgloss. I covered my faded bruises with concealer. I jumped into my clothes and grabbed my bag. I ran out and then ran back in. I went to the toilet and grabbed my mini first aid kit and throw it in my bag. Lemme not forget to spray some perfume. I came out my room the same time as Mateo and we started running down the stairs.

We ran into the kitchen and Marcello and Valentino looked at us. Rafael, Nate and Riley were already gone. We looked at the clock.

8:04am.

"We are so late." I said putting on my trainers.

"I'll take the bags to the car. Get me an apple." Mateo shouted taking my bag and running out. I grabbed two apples and ran out to the car before Mateo drove off.

Thanks to Mateo's driving skills. We got to school at 8:11. Which was fine because some people were still outside.

"Let's go. We are going to go show people I'm your brother and you are off limits. No boys can go near you." He said.

"Mateooo." I whine.

"What? I was just joking." He said chuckling getting out the car. I did the same and everyone was looking at us.

"Can't we have some privacy god." I said rolling my eyes.

"Better get used to it." He said looking down at me. He took me to the office to get my timetable and helped me to my classroom.

"This is your classroom and my one is down the hall." I nodded and walked in. Everyone looked at me. In the back corner, I see Nate and Riley waving.

"And you are?" The teacher asked.

"Oh right. I'm Ariella Romano. I'm new here." I said.

"Another Romano. God just can't give me a rest." He mumbled.