e i g h t e e n.

Riley's POV:

1 year and 5 months ago...

It's been a month since I've seen Ariella or Nate and I'm bored out of my mind. I'll admit I don't really like them but then who would I hang out with?

Definitely not the bitches at school that's for sure.

I walk up to Ariella's house and knock onto the door. Steven's car is here so she's probably here too.

"What?!" A man said which I'm guessing is Steven's friend.

"Who are you?" I asked confused.

I thought this was Ariella's house.

"Olivier. What do you want?" He said.

"Where's Ariella?" I asked.

"She isn't here. Go away." He said shutting the door. I huffed and walked back to my car.

Where is that bitch?

I drive to Nate's house and see Ariella walking down the sidewalk to his house. She notices me staring and her faces twists into anger.

Looks like she hates me.

"I just wanted to say I'm sorry Ari. I was drunk I didn't know what I was doing." I lied walking up to her.

"I don't care Riley. Go home." She snapped.

"Please forgive me. I'm sorry." I begged.

When is she going to accept the damn apology?

"No Riley. Go away!" She shouted taking her keys out.

"I was drunk. Please Ari." I begged standing in front of her.

"Riley I don't care. I spent more than $1000 to fix his gravestone because of your stupid ass and I don't see you paying me back. So no I won't forgive you. Go! Away!" She shouted pushing me out of her way. She walked in Nate's house and slammed the door. I sighed angrily and walked back to my car.

"Ugh I hate her so much." I snarled driving away.

Wait...

"Since nobody needs her. I'll just lie to Steven that she is fucking my boyfriend. Maybe that will get rid of her." I laughed turning to drive to Ariella's house. I get out and knock on her door.

"What?" Steven said opening the door staring at me. I could smell the alcohol and weed of him.

"Your daughter is a whore. She's fucking my boyfriend. Sort her out before I do." I shouted at him. His face twisted into anger.

"Oh don't worry I will." He sneered.

"You better and also don't tell her it was from me." I snapped walking back to my car. I sighed happily driving off.

Maybe that'll give her some common sense.

...

I drove over to Nate's house the next day and see him sitting in the kitchen.

"Oh hey Nate." I said smiling.

"Hey Riles. Have you seen Ari? She said she was coming today to help me with school." He asked looking very anxious.

Probably dead.

"No I haven't seen her." I replied in fake concern. He sighed and we talked for hours waiting for her arrival.

Steven probably did a number on her.

I smirked discreetly while Nate talked about a funny story about his Dad.

...

I walk upstairs to the bathroom while Nate finds a movie for us to watch.

Maybe I can make a move on him too.

As I'm finishing up, I hear the front door open and a huge thud. I open the door and look down the stairs.

"Oh my god." I whispered smiling. Nate comes out to see her.

She was covered in bruises and cuts. She was coughing blood holding her stomach painfully. You barely see her skin colour due to the blood all over her.

"H-help m-me.." Ariella begged losing consciousness.

"ARI!" Nate shouted slowly picking her up. He ran to the kitchen and placed her on the table. I stood and stared at her.

Steven did a good job. I should pay him for it.

"GET THE FIRST AID KIT RILEY! DON'T JUST FUCKING STAND THERE!" Nate yelled at me.

"O-okay." I faked stuttered running up the stairs. I grabbed the first aid kit and ran down the stairs in a rush.

I go into the kitchen to see Nate cutting her clothes with scissors. He left her underwear and bra on. I passed him the kit and he started cleaning her bruises and cuts.

"Stay awake Ari." I fake cried. She shut her eyes and breathing became more faint. I grabbed her hand and kissed it.

Please die.

"Keep your eyes open!" I begged louder. She opened her eyes but slowly shut them again.

Yeah keep them shut forever.

"HURRY UP!" I shouted at Nate.

"I'M GOING AS FAST AS I CAN!" He yelled at me.

"Why'd you do..." She trailed off looking at me before losing consciousness.

"What?" I asked confused. I press her neck and found a pulse.

Does she not die or something?

I looked over at Nate who was stitching her cuts. I start to cry so Nate can believe I feel sorry for her.

Once Nate finished, he got some off his clothes and put them on her. He carried her to his bed and shut the door. He pushed me into his living and close that door too.

"What did you do?" He accused me.

"What?" I asked.

"Do you think I'm stupid? Fake crying?" He shouted.

Oh shit.

"What are you talking about?" I stammered.

"I saw you Riley. Smiling at the top of the stairs like you won the damn lottery. So I'm going to ask you again. What. Did. You. Do?" He yelled.

"I swear I didn't do anything! I promise." I cried. He looked at me in anger.

"I don't believe you but whatever you did. You sure as hell are going to tell Ari about it." He snapped and left the room.

"ALSO GET THE FUCK OUT OF MY HOUSE!" He yelled from the kitchen. I rolled my eyes and left.

Fuck them.

I get into my car and sigh. My phone starts to ring and Addison is calling me. I sigh answering.

"I want updates now!" She ordered.

Thank you for reading 💕.