chapter 3

Lemur stayed in the rainwing village after that. She didn't want to go to the beach while the seawing, seaweed, was there, and she had no idea when he went. She had stayed with toucan, and he didn't suspect her if doing anything, she hoped.
"So, toucan, want to, say, to free gliding?" ! lemur asked as they sat in a tree eating fruit.
"Uh... Sorry no. But I'll stay here and eat fruit!" Toucan replied.
"Fine." Lemur grumbled, "ok. That's fine. Fine. Ok." She thought, and finally said, "don't you think everyone here is to... Optimistic?"
Toucan looked at her with confusion. "Why? And no! Nothing bad has ever happened in the rain forest, isn't happening, and will never happen! And being happy isn't bad! What is wrong with you, thinking that!"
" um, YES! And nothing is wrong with me! " but lemur knew there was no use arguing with him. Instead, she leaped off the tree and dove into a bush, Camouflaging her scales to blend into the background. She needed to hide.
"Lemur! I'm sorry! I agree!" Toucan called, obviously not believing what he said.
"No you don't" growled lemur.
" LEMUR? " he shouted.
Lemur, still camouflaged, was already flying towards the sea. If no one would see sense, that the world wasn't so perfectly perfect, then fine. Fine. As soon as her feet wet down on the ground, she felt something, however. The earth was shaking.
She gasped. She had heard about this. It was called an earthquake. It made the earth shake and move, and if strong enough, they could destroy a hut or two. Lemur didn't know what classified as strong.
But then the shaking stopped, and lemur was engulfed by a memory.

She was walking along a rainforest path, leading to the hut. She had not been allowed to go there, but now, since they weren't home, lemur had to see. She lived with her brother, and who she assumed was her grandmother. Her father had died years before she hatched. Her mother was out adventuring, somewhere. She had never known her.
The younger lemur stepped into the hut in the trees, where light did not reach the back. The translucent vines covering the Windows were engulfed in shadow. No one was home. But she could see a dragon, slumped on the back wall of the hut. Lemur took a few careful steps forward, and saw a young rainwing. Dried blood was caked around a wound in her head, and a large branch was lying beside her.
"M-mom? R-rainbow?" Lemur asked, but her the Dragon still lied there, unmoving. There was no light in her eyes. Somehow, someway, she knew this was her mom. They looked alike. But there was no doubting it, she was dead. Her family had lied to her her.
"I'm sorry." Came a quiet voice from behind her. Lemur turned to see her grandmother, sunlight. "A branch fell, and..." She trailed off, but lemur knew what she would say.
" She's dead... " Lemur sniffed. "Were you - were you here?"
Sunlight nodded, sorrow shining in her amber eyes. She hung her head, but was still looking at Lemur, watching, waiting for her to do something. "Ocelot was outside when he heard it falling. He saved my life."
" But not mother's. " confirmed lemur, tears rolling down her cheeks. "You were here! And you didn't help! And ocelot didn't save her! She's dead and it's ALL YOUR FAULT!" screamed Lemur . Her grandmother looked surprised. She had not been expecting that. "It's all your fault! Mom is dead and it's ALL because of you! You lied! You said She was alive! How long ago did She die? Years ago?"
" Fine years. " Sun light said quietly, obviously not wanting her to hear. But she did.
She ran out of the hut, not looking back, and flew. She didn't know where. She ran into multiple trees, but she didn't care. Ocelot had saved sunlight. He had saved sunlight and that was it. They had been there, watching as her mother died! It was their fault...

Lemur's eyes opened. She hadn't wanted to remember that. The earthquake had passed, but something was also on the beach. Not something, but someone, she realized. Seaweed.
"S-seaweed?" Her voice was still shaking from her vision.
Seaweed whipped around, and lemur winced at his face. Seeing her, seaweed turned around to fly away, but lemur said "no! Don't go. Please..."
" Uh, ok. Why not? " he asked.
"I-" lemur began, thinking about what to say. She needed someone who could understand. "I want to know what happened to you. I mean..." She trailed off, wondering how to put it into words .
"What do you mean?" Seaweed asked, but she could see that he was now more guarded after being asked about his past . So he did have something there. A reason for getting away.
"You know what I mean."
" I do? "
"Seaweed. Why do you come here."
" No reason. "
Lemur stared at him. Her gaze must have made seaweed realize that she had a story as well. He had to tell her. Without someone to talk to, someone who knew that life wasn't all perfect, that life wasn't fair in any way, lemur felt as if she might explode.
"Fine. I'll tell you . And call me sea. Sea." And with that he began his tale.

~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry for the long chapter. Also, you must wait until the next chapter to hear what sea is saying!