Chapter 8

"The hatchery! The dragonets won't know how to fly! And the eggs! And the-" glare began, but lemur cut her off.

 "We get it. How let's go." She flapped her wings and dived down to the surface of the water, which had a lot less vines to get tangled in, and sped towards the hatchery.

Seaweed swam below her, occasionally bumping into a tree. Lemur guessed that it was because he wasn't used to having to dodge things. Glare was no where to be seen, but she was sure she was rushing off to help some Dragon. They emerged into th clearing where the hatchery was.

 "Three moons..." Lemur muttered . "The water here is so high. The hills just be trapping it!"

 "I know." Sea answered. " but we can help the other nightwings. The rainwings are, or course, screaming and flying away. "

She but back a retort. They needed to help the dragons. She dived down, into the hatchery, and picked up a giant rainwing why almost completely covered in water. Lemur placed in a tree, in a sturdy branch with plenty of protecting branch "walls" and hurried back. Sea had an egg in his talons, dripping wet. She took it, and put it with the first.

 "Where is my egg!" The screech made Lemur's wings falter. " I want my egg! "

Sea ducked under water, no doubt thinking what would happen if a rainwing, or more likely, but worse, a nightwing, found a seawing in their village. Lemur flew in the direction of the calls, to see a rainwing perched on a large branch. Macaw, is she remembered right. Toucan was looking around close by. When he saw lemur, he rushed over.

 "Lemur! Where have you been! Everything up to really close to the main village is flooded! This is about as far as it goes. Also, one Dragon has already drowned." Toucan said.

 " Ok. Eggs? EGGS COULD BE DROWNING RIGHT NOW GO HELP THE EGGS! " Lemur jumped at glare's voice overhead.

 "Um, yeah! Glare's right. Eggs?" Lemur said.

 Toucan nodded, and flapped into the hatchery, gathering three eggs in his arms before coming out. Lemur picked up another one, and have it to a random nightwing she passed. They seemed to be doing ok. This was fine. It was fine. Everything was fine. A few dragons were going to die, and it was sad, but an entire tribe was not dead! 

And that's when Lemur heard a Dragon scream. Then the tree holding the hatchery plummeted to the ground.