Chapter 7

Lemur flapped her wings, but she was rammed against a tree branch. A stabbing pain emerged from behind her right eye, but she ignored it. all She wanted to do was breath. She grabbed the branch, not wanting to be swept away again, and pushed upwards with her wings. She came up, gasping for breath. 

She looked around. wait. Lemur couldn't see, not of her right eye. everything there was dark. She reached up to brush away whatever was in front of it, and found a wet vine hanging down. Even with the fine gone, she had trouble seeing. Her vision was clouded.

looking through her left eye, and saw that she was completely surrounded by water. The tops of the trees peeking out of it. Dragons were screaming in the distance, calling for help. Lemur knew it she let go of the branch and would sink, and sink and sink, and drown. She couldn't help them. 

There were a few, drenched bananas above Lemur's head, so she grabbed one, nearly losing hold on her branch. She slipped, and the fruit plummeted down and into the flood water, but she managed to keep hold.

"Is anyone there?" Lemur called , to get no reply.

The water had to stop eventually. Probably at that big hill by the village, so at least the flood wouldn't be going super far. Lemur tried to scramble up onto the tree she was holding onto, but failed, and nearly fell. Her claws dug into the branch, preventing her from slipping, and most likely drowning.

"Hello?" Lemur yelled, louder this time.

" L-Lemur? " a rain reply came from a direction with many tall trees, each with soaked vines hanging down.

"I need help!"

A Dragon came flapping over , and she saw glare . "Use your wings, stupid." Glare said, rolling her eyes . "You have a pair stuck to your back. "

Lemur blinked. Oh. Three moons why hadn't she thought of that. She was so, so stupid. Unfurling her wings, Lemur found them soaked in water, but as she flapped them, she found they still worked, more or less. 

"Where's sea?" Lemur asked, glancing nervously at the water below them.

" Erm... I dunno. " glare answered.

"On great. At least he won't drown though! "

"You are SO in love with him. But you can't be. Because he's an animus. And he told ME before YOU so HA HA!"

" wait... " Lemur tried to understand what glare was saying. Seaweed was an animus? He had MAGIC. and he didn't tell her? "Why?"

" Well e both her to jade mountain together for a little bit, before I kinda ight have gone missing. Also, he likes me more, so there. "

"I don't get it." Lemur murmured, "I just do not get this."

 Just then, a pair a talons grabbed her legs. Lemur flapped backwards, and looked down to see her attacker. 

 "Seaweed!" She whined. "Why'd you have to do that!"

" Because it was hilarious. " sea responded.

"Yeah but why didn't you do it to me?" Glare demanded .

Sea rolled his handsome green eyes, and smiled at Lemur. Lemur smiled back, and said "your an animus." It wasn't a question . Actually, it kind of explained some things, like how seaweed had always known when she would be at the beach. "And you didn't tell me. And you told glare."

Sea nodded, and said, " um, yeah. I might have been afraid you wouldn't like me any more. Because I might go crazy. "

Lemur rolled her eyes, and does over to a tree to sit down. The water seemed to have stopped moving forward, which was good, except for the fact that rainwings might be drowning. 

"Sea, have you seen any dragons down there?" Lemur questioned .

"No. But I have a feeling some of them, like you, wouldn't realize they have wings."

" Hey! " Lemur swooped down, and the sea a playful shove. She made sure she didn't get to close the water, so she wouldn't get all wet.

"What? " Seaweed asked, innocently.

"Are you two going to just stay there playing, or are we going to go save everyone?" Glare pointed out 

"Uh, let's go save some dragons." Sea answered .