Chapter 1

Rosalina's POV:

Hi, I'm Rosalina Jessica Lane Knight. I'm 16 and a junior in high school. I skipped grades. I'm at school right now as that seems to be my own escape. Schools honestly not that bad but then again I use it to get away from home. My mom's boyfriend is an absolute asswhole. I used to go to my best friends house to get away but he moved away 2 years ago without a word. I'm working on my homework early so I don't have to do it later when the principal walks in and says something to the teacher. I look back down and continued my work.

"Rosalina, please come with me." Principle Jane said. I packed up my stuff and followed her out. When we got to her office I seen an older man that had my eyes and a different lady in a skirt and a blouse.

"Am I in trouble?" I asked.

"No sweetie. Please sit down." She said. I nodded my head and sat down next to the man as there was no other place.

"So if I'm not in trouble why am I here?" I asked. The principal sighed.

"I'm sorry to tell you that your mom and stepdad passed away in a car accident this morning." She said. I couldn't help but feel relieved. My mom isn't the best and she never did anything to stop my stepdad from doing what he did.

"Ok." I sighed. " What's going to happen to me?" I asked.

"Well this is your father Vince, he'll be taking you in." She said. I nodded.

"Ok." I said looking at the man. He gave me a small smile and I gave one back. After discussing things my father took me to my old house to pick up my stuff. When we got there I went into my room and started packing. I didn't have that much but then again most of my stuff is still with Morgan(best friend that moved away). I packed my gym bag and my suit case and we were off. He lived in California and I used to live in Minnesota. Once we were on the plane I sat down and just looked out the window the while time. I wondered what my life was going to be like now. If I had any siblings? I've always wanted siblings. I wondered why my mom would say that my dad left. I wondered if that was even the case. And instead of my dad leaving, she just left with me. Well... I guess I'll find out with time. And with that I drifted to sleep.

Sorry for the short chapter but it is a test chapter.

Love y'all 💞

Melissa