Chapter 3

Rosalina's POV:

Shopping yesterday was ok I guess but then again I don't really like shopping so it's whatever. Today is my first day of school here. So far I've been able to keep smiling threw all of the fucked up things my brother Xander and cousin Damon have said to me. I don't really care though because their snide little comments don't affect me. Or at least I act like they don't. But you know what they say 'words cut deeper than knifes'. I never believed that to be true until now. Mostly because I was able to handle all of my mother and her boyfriend's comments because I knew they weren't true. But somehow this is different I don't know what it is but I don't like it. I don't like how their words affect me. I guess I just hoped that being here would be a fresh start or something. I have also noticed that they have guards everywhere they go following at a safe distance. I pretended not to notice but I did. I'm a very observant person. I notice things that normal people wouldn't unless it was pointed out to them. I sighed as I stepped out of the shower. I dried off and got dressed in black high waisted jeans, a t-shirt and converse. When I was done I grabbed my bag and went downstairs. When I got into the kitchen I grabbed an apple and sat down. When it was time to go I chose to ride with Zach and Ethan. When we got to school heads turned out way and as we all got out people started to whisper. As we made our way into the office and went in the office secretaries eyes widened with fear. After I got my schedule I went to class and everything went good until lunch. I was sitting with my brothers until my eyes met with someone else's eyes. I wanted to be mad but all I could feel was happiness. We started at eachother for a while. He then mouthed ' Rj?'. I mouthed yeah back and he stood up and I waisted no time in bolting up before my brothers could stop me and rushing to him. As soon as I ran up to him I jumped up into his arms and he caught me with ease.

"I missed you MJ." I said.

"I missed you too RJ." He said. We stayed like that for a little while. He finally set me down and wiped my tears smiling down at me. I wrapped my arms around his waist and kept hugging him. Suddenly someone cleared there throat. I turned around to see all of my cousins and brothers.

"What's going on here?" Ethan asked.

"She's probably slept with him." Damon said and Xander nodded his head in agreement.

"Don't talk about her like that! Especially if you don't know her like I do!" MJ said before I could say anything.

"What do you mean like I know her?!" Ethan asked.

"We've known each other since birth." I said intervening. They all looked at me.

"Let's go." Ethan said. I wasn't going with them. Fuck that. I just got my best fucking friend back. They all walked away and I sat down where Morgan was sitting. Morgan looked at me like I was crazy. I just shrugged and stole one of his fries. The rest of lunch my brothers and cousins were watching me intently. I was just laughing and having a good time meeting MJ's friends his second in command was kinda cute but eh. Guys are ass wholes. At the end of the day the car ride back to the house was hella fucking awkward. Once home I went straight upstairs. I got my homework done I put PJs on and laid down. Halfway threw the night I couldn't sleep so I went downstairs for some water. After I got my water I went back up to my room. When I still couldn't sleep I decided to go into the music room I was shown my second day here. When I was there I grabbed the guitar that was in there and started playing ' what hurts the most' by Rascal Flatts.

I can take the rain on the roof of this empty house
That don't bother me
I can take a few tears now and then and just let 'em out
I'm not afraid to cry every once in a while
Even though goin' on with you gone still upsets me
There are days every now and again I pretend I'm okay
But that's not what gets me
What hurts the most was being so close
And havin' so much to say
And watchin' you walk away
And never knowin' what could've been
And not seein' that lovin' you
Is what I was trying to do
It's hard to deal with the pain of losin' you everywhere I go
But I'm doing it
It's hard to force that smile when I see our old friends and I'm alone
Still harder gettin' up, gettin' dressed, livin' with this regret
But I know if I could do it over
I would trade, give away all the words that I saved in my heart
That I left unspoken
What hurts the most was being so close
And havin' so much to say
And watchin' you walk away
And never knowin' what could've been
And not seein' that lovin' you
Is what I was trying to do, oh
What hurts the most was being so close
And havin' so much to say
And watchin' you walk away
And never knowin' what could've been
And not seein' that lovin' you
Is what I was trying to do
That's what I was trying to do, ooh

Once I was done playing I sighed and went back to bed. Once in there I sat down just thinking why the tension between Morgan and my family was so thick. I guess it could involve the mafia. That would definitely be reason enough to hate eachother. But even then I don't care. I've known Morgan forever and I've just met these people. Morgan knows everything about me. Knows when I'm faking a smile to knowing why I'm crying or upset. He knows without even asking. He was like my big brother for so long and that isn't changing now. If my family can't except that MJ was there when they weren't then they lose me. Because that's not how I roll. They can't walk all over me and expect me to take it without complaining. I will fight back. I am not weak. I've survived this long so far. So I hope. I can survive more. I'll try, if not for myself then for my family and Morgan. All of the thoughts running threw my head made me sleepy and I happily let sleep take me.