Chapter 8

Cilan slowly approached the pokemon centre. He looks down at Pansage's pokeball, and sighed. He was going to do this... But how?

He slowly walked behind the pokemon centre, seeing Burgundy there, casually. "Ah, hello hello, Cilan! I see you got my note." She chimed. Cilan's expression went cold. "Cut the act, Burgundy. Where is she?"

"Calm down, dear Cilan... She's safe here... for now." Burgundy smirked as she pressed a button, revealing Iris, trapped inside a large containment tube. "Iris!" Cilan yelped, rushing for the tube. Before he could reach her, however, he was electrified heavily by a Zebstrika, which his rival had sent out.

"Now now... You shall be safely reunited in no time. I simply ask one thing..." Burgundy smirks darkly. "I request a battle. Your Pansage against my Zebstrika... If you win, you get Iris back and I leave you two alone. If I win... You give me Pansage, and... Well, I don't care much what happens to the girl in that case." She waved her hand as if brushing Iris off.

Cilan grit his teeth. "You got yourself a deal, Burgundy..." He hissed. Iris looked at Cilan worried through the tube's glass, terrified. Their surroundings became the battle field, and they sent their pokemon out.

"Pansage, use bullet seed!" Cilan commanded. As ordered, Pansage delivered a direct attack to the zebra pokemon... But it did not flinch.

"What..." Cilan stared, shocked. "Sunny day, do it!" Cilan yelled. The sun burned brightly in the sky. Burgundy simply smirked, enjoying seeing her rival so uneasy. Zebstrika roared its name, and Burgundy held her hand out. With a single command, Cilan knew he was in trouble.

"Flame charge. Now." She commanded. Zebstrika cried its name as it burst into flames, and at high speeds, striking Pansage mercilessly. Pansage was sent hurdling back, almost bumping into Cilan.

"Pansage!.." He yelped. Cilan watched as his weak pokemon stood up determined to win. "Pansage, Solar beam!" He cried. Pansage gathered the sun's light and shot it as a powerful blast at Zebstika.

The zebra crashed into the wall, finally showing weakness. "Finish this off with one last solar beam!" Cilan commanded. Burgundy smirked and quickly returned Zebstrika, as soon as Pansage fired the beam.

The beam was now flying at Iris in her glass containment. Cilan and Pansage yelped in fear. Without thinking, Cilan jumped in front of Iris to protect her, only to be jumped in front of by Pansage, who in a burst of light, protected them.

The impact of the beam striking protect was enough to shatter the glass containment. As soon as she was free, she ran into Cilan's arms in fear as the smoke rose high. "We're out of here... Pansage, return." Cilan coughed as he returned his pokemon, rushing away with Iris beside him.

As the smoke cleared, Burgundy had ash all over her face, seeing the couple gone. She screamed to the sky in rage, soon hearing cops near and dashing.

"You'll pay for this, Cilan!"