Chapter 4

Iris yawned and peeked an eye open, seeing the sun beaming out from the curtains. "Mm.. Do I smell waffles?" She licked her lips. Axew roared softly and danced around.

Iris arose, took a shower, brushed her teeth, and put on her regular outfit, but without her bows. She opened the door and ran down the hallway laughing with Axew, who sped past her. She looked ahead and yelped, smashing into a familiar blue haired brother. "Oww.." Iris rubbed her head, her vision clearing up. Her ears stopped ringing, and she heard Cilan scolding Cress. "...-ou ruined her outfit and hair! And.. Is that syrup?!" Cilan face palmed as Cress shrugged. "Chilli said it would be great for eggs.. And a great cleaning material.."

"And you listened to him?!" Cilan glared. Iris's head spun, and she groaned a bit. "Oh!.. Iris, are you okay?" The two said in sync. She nodded weakly, as Cress helped her up. Cilan shot a glare at his brother, and tried cleaning the mess off her clothes. "Drat.. This'll have to go in the wash... You don't happen to own any other clothes, do you?.." Cilan sweat dropped.

"Uh.. No.." Iris sighed. "Oh.. Wait! I do actually!.." She leapt up and rushed off to clean up. "Remember.. We're going to the carnival soon!" Cilan called after her. "Okay!"

Iris pulled out the clothes. It was risky.. But it would have to do.

Cilan sat at a table, glaring at his two idiot brothers. "Are you TRYING to embarrass me?.. Or yourselves? Cress, your NEVER that clumsy! Not to mention you never listen to Chilli!" He snapped. Cress rubbed his neck. "I'm just trying to be funny... I thought girls like that..." Cilan sighed. "No.. Iris isn't an ordinary girl..."

"Sorry I took so long Cilan!" Iris cheered as she entered. The three brothers stared. "I-Is that you, Iris?.." Cilan stuttered a bit.

Iris folded her arms and pouted. "Well duh.." Iris was wearing a yellow tank top, and a short black leather jacket that went just above her stomach. She had pink caprees, and wore a short purple neck scarf. "Sorry.. It's just.." Chilli shook his head.

"I've never seen you wear that before..." Cilan blinked. "Oh, I used to wear this all the time before I started travelling. My other outfit was comfy for travel. This one is backup.." Iris explained plainly. The boys nodded. "Welp, let's go, Cilan!" She grinned and pulled Cilan out.

"Wow.. I never thought a carnival this big would fit in a place so small.." Iris gazed around at the endless row of games, food, and rides. "I'm glad our journey ended when it did.. Or we would have missed it." Cilan adjusted his bow tie and smiled. "So, what? You WANTED our journey to end?" Iris smirked at him. Cilan chuckled. "No no.. You know what I mean." He raised a brow at her as she stared longingly at one of the activities. "Whoa! It's a haunted mirror house!" Iris squealed, trying to drag Cilan over.

"A-Are you sure, Iris?.. Those can be dangerous..." Cilan gulped. "I'm sure! Besides, I doubt there are any real ghosts!" Iris giggled and skipped over. "That's.. Not what I'm scared of.." Cilan folded his arms and sighed, following his female friend into the haunted mirror land.

"Now be careful, Iris. What may seem like a path, can end up being a wall.." Cilan explained, but Iris was gone already. "I-Iris?" He gulped and carefully wandered. "EEK!!" A shriek from Iris. "Iris!!" Cilan yelped, as he entered a long pathway. "Iris?!" He hollered.

"Cilaaaann!!" Iris cried, running into his arms. "It's.. It's hideous!! It's terrifying! It's.. It's..!" She stuttered, shaking. A loud, ear splitting roar of a Beartic rang through. It blocked the exit, with a Purrloin next to it. "Oh no! Not a Purrloin!" Cilan bit his lip as the pokemon inched closer, aiming ice beam and shadow ball. "I'm pretty sure this shouldn't be happening!" He backed away, keeping Iris close.

"Let us go!" Iris cried, as the pokemon roared. Purrloin suddenly vanished, but Beartic used icicle crash, as the icicles fired at the two. "Oh no..! Axew, run!" Iris hollered, tossing Axew over the bear's shoulder and outside. Axew growled and used dragon rage, causing the Beartic to vanish.

"Whew.." Cilan sighed.

Iris screamed, as a single icicle was being sent flying at them. It struck the ground, and hail stones smashed the glass, and the two trainers.

A cold mist drifted away, Iris trying to shield herself... But she didn't feel anything. She looked up and gasped, seeing Cilan in front of her, acting as a shield. "C-Ci--" Iris shivered, standing up. Cilan sighed deeply, looking at Iris. "Your not hurt, are you..?" He asked softly. Iris smiled and shook her head. "I'm fine!.. But your hurt!" She frowned, seeing Cilan with several scrapes on his face, arms, and torso. "I'm fine, Iris.. Really." He smiled. "I'm just glad your okay."

Iris hugged him tightly. "Y-You idiot! You dummy! Don't ever so that! You could have been hurt worse!" She cried. Cilan smiled and took her hand, leading her away from the shards of glass and ice.

After a few hours of fun, NON HAUNTED rides, they headed back to the restaurant.

"He did WHAT?!" Chilli leaned forward. Iris nodded. "Yeah! He really saved me!" Cress raised a brow. "Wow.. That's quite amazing... You know, there's only a few people who Cilan would risk his life for.." He folded his arms and closed his eyes. "Really?.." Iris's eyes widened. "Yep.. Me, cress, and you." Chilli smiled a bit. "Oh wow.. I didn't realize how much he cared." She smiled.

"Say.. Where IS Cilan?" Iris looked around. "He went to patch himself up.. He was a bit hurt.. But he said he'd be fine.." Cress replied, shrugging. "Oh well.. That's good.."

Suddenly.. A yell.

"WHO PUT KETCHUP IN MY SHAMPOO BOTTLE?!!"

Chilli and Cress snickered, and high fived. As Iris face palmed, unamused by their childish behaviour. "You two are even more childish than Ash.." She murmured. "ARE NOT!" The brothers hissed at the same time.

"And so it begins.."