Chapter 3

Axew nudged it's trainer, as she slowly awoke. "... Axew?.. It's time to get up?.." The small dragon nodded and pulled her hand, trying to make her move. Iris sighed and sat up, stretching. "... I have 5 minutes to get ready..." She said sleepily. Her eyes shot open. "5 minutes?! I told you to wake me 10 or 15 minutes earlier!" She glared at her pokemon and sent him out in the hall to help sweep. She took a quick shower, deciding to go simple and not put her hair bows in. She changed into her waitress outfit Cilan had actually MADE... And it fit her perfectly.

Iris walked out of the room, making her way to the three brothers and her Axew. "So.. This little guy once wasn't able to use dragon rage?..." "And instead just exploded?" Chilli snickered. "That's hardcore." He high fived Axew, and Iris walked in with her arms folded across her chest. "... Isn't that info a bit personal?" She cleared her throat before speaking. The boys turned and Cilan sweat dropped. "Sorry, but they asked about Axew's move set.. Then Cress asked about difficulties with some moves..." He shook his head, realizing she wore the waitress uniform. "I.. Uh.. I'm... Ah..." Chilli hit him upside the head. "He means to say 'I see the dress fits. You look good in that.'" Cress translated. Cilan glared at his brothers. "That last part wasn't necessary.." He hissed quietly. Iris was a bit pink, but smiled. "Aw thanks Cilan!"

Chilli was in charge of showing Iris around the kitchen, showing her where everything is. Cress showed her the VIP tables, lists, and where each table is by number. Cilan taught her how to get around to each table quickly, get the orders, and get it to Chilli in record time. By the time all that was done, it was opening time. Cilan unlocked the doors and flipped the sign to say OPEN.

Iris gulped nervously. 'I reeeally don't wanna screw this up...' She suddenly felt a hand touch her shoulder gently, turning to see Cress giving her a reassuring smile. "You'll do fine, just remember what we talked about." Cilan glared at Cress near Iris, anger slightly boiling inside of him. "Customer, guys! And remember, Iris! Emolga is your battle pokemon if a trainer comes in." Cilan gave a thumbs up and went straight to the first person. "Welcome to the Striation Gym and Restaurant! How many do you have?" He smiled at the person.

Iris noticed more people behind Cilan's customers. People were filing in fast. She rushed to the line as soon as Cilan's group left the front. "Welcome! Allow me to seat you, how many people do you have?" She smiled nervously. "5 people, please." The woman replied. Iris sweat dropped. 'Ok Iris, show time.' "Of course! Come this way please! Cress! Your up!" She said quickly as Cress passed by her. She sat the people down and smiled. "Here are your menus, the specials are on the top of the menu, ring if you need us."

After a rough and tiring hour of work, it seemed to slow down. "Uh... Iris?" Chilli tapped her shoulder. "Close the doors, we got a battle." She gasped. "Wha? Oh gosh... Let's go then!" The four went under the battle field, and onto a platform to make their entrance. The platform rose up and revealed only the three brothers. "Welcome challenger...s?" Cilan blinked, seeing two trainers. "Ahem.. We are the gym leaders of Striation City! Plus.. One more, Iris, electric leader of this gym!" Chilli announced as Iris stepped forward. "Now, the rules are quite simple; one pokemon per trainer, you can battle one of us, or all of us.." Cress added. "Sorry. But we only battle together.." The two male trainers folded their arms. "Uh.. Oh?.. Well, alright then!" Cilan smiled. "That'll certainly be.. Different. Now, you get to chose which two of us gets to battle!" Iris gulped as the boys whispered and pointed at her. "Uh.. We choose Iris.. And Cilan!" One boy yelled. The other two brothers were sent back under the battle field. Iris looked to Cilan, who nodded firmly. "Your on! Let's do this!" Iris chanted.

~ Awesome battle music ~

Max and Joey each sent out a pokemon, A Vanillite and a Purrloin. Iris shivered and Cilan shuddered. "Why the ice..." "Why the cat.." They muttered. They shook it off and send out Pansage and Emolga. The battle began!

"Emolga, use Discharge!"

"Pansage, protect!"

"Vanillite, Icy Wind!"

"Purrloin, Fury swipes!"

The moves collided...

-After the battle-

Purrloin was the last one standing against the two gym leaders... "Now! Electroball-Solar Beam Combo!" Cilan and Iris yelled together. "Flamethrower, quick!" Max hollered. The gym leaders' attacks won, and the trainers were defeated. "Good battle, you two..." Iris smiled nervously as she shook hands with the ice trainer.

~End of the day~

Iris collapsed on her bed and sighed. "That.. Was hard.." "It gets harder... But you get used to it." Cilan replied from the window. "How do you do it?.." She asked, rolling onto her stomach. "... Practice, really.." He turned and sat on her bed. "So.. Was today really that terrible?" He asked softly. Iris shook her head. "It wasn't.. Terrible. Just more work than I'm used to... Since we were on a journey for a year..." She grabbed a comb and ran it through her hair. "It was, honestly, hard for me today too.." Cilan chuckled a bit. Iris combed Cilan's messy hair. "I can imagine.. But you still got those recipes stuck up in that big head of yours..." She giggled as Cilan silently smirked. "Sure, Insult the guy who gave you a job and a place to stay..." They laughed. "Hey, your Pansage used bullet seed on Emolga!" Iris giggled. "Not my fault..." He shot back quickly.

"CILAN!! It's late! Shut up and go to bed!!" Chilli hollered. The two sweat dropped and Cilan got up. "He's right... Goodnight Iris." He smiled as Iris hugged him tightly. "Goodnight Cilan.." He turned off the lights and closed the door, allowing Iris and Axew to sleep in peace. He left to his room, where he slept happily knowing his closest friend was happy.