Happy Holidays, I Guess

Pairing: Chris Evans x reader

Prompt: "Look, I only came here for the Christmas cookies."

You sat in your car outside the house for a few minutes, trying to find the will to go inside. The last thing you wanted to do tonight was go to a holiday party filled with people from your hometown, but Chris insisted you come with him. Your phone buzzed in your pocket and you quickly pulled it out to see a text from Chris.

Chris

I can see your car outside.

Get in here or I will pull you out of the car don't try me.

Y/N

God you are the worst.

You sighed heavily and finally got out of the car, carefully making your way up the driveway in the snow to make it to the front door. Before you could even knock Chris was standing in the doorway beaming.

"Y/N, you are the most stubborn person I've ever met, but I'm really glad to see you." He pulled you inside and shut the door behind you.

"Look, I only came here for the Christmas cookies." You shrugged off your coat and let him hang it up for you in the coat closet. "The fact that I let you convince me to do this is a testament to your skills of persuasion."

"I know our hometown friends aren't exactly your favorite people, but we can spend tonight making fun of all the people who were really shitty in high school and are now horrifically boring."

"With that I guess I'm not only here for the cookies." You joked.

Chris laughed and wrapped an arm around you and lead you into the kitchen. "Let's get you something to drink because I think you're going to need it."

The second you got to the kitchen you were bombarded by hellos and questions about how you've been doing since you moved and a million other questions that you had absolutely zero desire to answer but had to be nice. Chris discreetly handed you a beer as you started talking to Kelly, the girl who hated you for two years because you beat her out for the lead part in the fall play sophomore year. "Yeah, I really love New York it's a fantastic city." You smiled at her. "How about you, what have you been doing?" You asked politely with no actually interest in what her answer was going to be.

"Well, George and I got married earlier this year so that's been the most exciting thing ever." She beamed at you. Out of the corner of your eye you saw Chris mouth 'Not surprised', and you tried not to laugh as she kept talking. "Not nearly as exciting as being a writer in New York though I bet." She said with the tiniest edge of sarcasm in her voice.

"Well, you know, everyone's got something don't they. It's been great talking to you Kelly but I think we've got to make some rounds and say hi." You quickly excused yourself and grabbed Chris' arm and pulled him with you into a corner of the living room. The fake smile you had plastered on your face quickly melted off. "I've been here all of fifteen minutes and it is already insufferable." You took a long sip of your beer and looked at all the people sitting in the living room. "I don't even see any cookies here."

"Wait here, I will be right back." He walked back into the kitchen and left you leaning on the back windows by yourself, observing the people you went high school with as they steadily got drunker and devolved into their high-school selves. "Voila!" Chris exclaimed as he walked back over to you, an entire tray of decorated cookies in hand. "I promised cookies and now I have delivered."

"Oh thank god." You took a cookie off the tray and bit into it immediately. "That's a damn good cookie." You said as you chewed.

"Well thank you, I made these myself." He said with a smile on his face.