The Big Day

Pairing: Chris Evans x reader

Prompt: "Man and wife, more like dumbass and dumbass."

You stood in front of the mirror in your dressing room and took a deep breath. Everything about this day was going to be perfect. You had the perfect dress, the perfect venue, but all of that paled in comparison to the man who would be waiting for you at the end of the aisle. As long as it was him you'd be happy getting married in a public restroom.

"Hey, Y/N?" You turned and saw your maid of honor leaning in the doorway. "You ready to get going?"

"The most ready I've ever been." You smiled and followed her outside.

The hotel you and Chris had picked as your wedding venue had a beautiful outdoor space, and throughout the day you saw it transform from the window of your room. You waited just inside the door leading outside as the music for your walk down the aisle started. Your heart started beating faster and butterflies formed in your stomach. It wasn't nerves about marrying him, but more excitement about what the rest of your life would be like with him at your side. The second the door opened and you saw Chris your eyes started to water, and knowing him he would likely be in tears by the time you got to him.

You were right. As you stood in front of him and held his hands you could tell he was trying hard to hold back his tears. You both laughed at the state of each other before the ceremony finally started.

*****

Once you had finished taking all your pictures with the wedding party, you and Chris made your way to the reception, ready to get drunk and party with your friends. "The happy couple, look at you two!" Your best friend shouted as you made your way to the wedding party's table. "How's it feel to no longer be committing a sin every time you guys have sex?"

"Oh, I'm so glad I decided to have you give a speech tonight." You laughed and gave her a hug.

"I don't know what you are talking about." Chris said. "We have never done anything outside of the sanctity of marriage." He joked and wrapped his arm around your waist.

"I shared a wall with Y/N when you guys first started dating, and unfortunately I know just about every sin that went on in there." Your friend continued.

"Honestly, I'm surprised these two even stayed alive long enough to get married. I know they pronounced you man and wife, but it's more like dumbass and dumbass." Chris' friend added. 

"Oh, come on." You rolled your eyes and looked over at Chris. "We weren't that bad, were we."

He paused for a second to consider what he had said. "There were a couple times that our decision making was definitely not at it's finest."

"Like that time you guys almost got trapped in your car in a snow storm on the way to a Christmas party cause you wanted to have sex before you got there."

You covered your face in embarrassment. "Okay, you got us there."

"Not to mention the night you met you almost broke a beer pong table because you guys got so competitive."

"Almost being the operative word here." Chris joked.

Your best friend rolled her eyes. "Whatever, just try not to break anything tonight, okay? This wedding wasn't exactly cheap."

"Okay, okay. Let's go sit down they're gonna start serving food soon." You held on to her shoulders and turned her towards the tables.

The dinner was amazing and the speeches from the best man, Chris' brother Scott, and your maid of honor had you all laughing and in tears at the same time. Afterward, everyone started making their way inside for more drinks and dancing, but you and Chris hung toward the back. While you still sat at the table, you set your hand on Chris' thigh and gently moved it upwards. You saw his jaw tense and leaned toward him to whisper in his ear. "You think they'll notice if we dip out for a little?"

"I mean, this is our party. But who gives a fuck, it's our party."