Working Together {pt. 2}

Over the next few days it was script read after script read. That Saturday, two days before filming officially started, was a fairly easy day. Everyone had just gotten inside early that morning and were still incredibly tired. Eden walked inside the room with her coffee and walked over to Chris. "Well, you look bright eyed and bushy tailed this morning." She said as she sat across from him.

"If that's what you want to call it." He chuckled and took a sip of his own coffee. "But how's your morning going so far?"

"Pretty good. I got a nice breakfast and a cup of joe. What more could a girl ask for." She pulled out her script and a pen to make notes.

"Well, since we're gonna be working together for a while, why don't we get to know each other a little better." He crossed his arms over his chest and leaned back in his chair. "Where are you from?"

"I'm from Massachusetts."

"No shit. Me too! Where exactly?"

"Lenox, you?" She asked.

"Sudbury."

"Crazy. That's only two hours away. I would know. We used to drive there to see my grandparents." She took a sip of her coffee.

"Wow. Small world, isn't it."

She chuckled. "I guess it is." They continued their read through until noon, then everyone broke for lunch.

"How about we all head over to the hotel restaurant?" Chris proposed. Everyone nodded and made their way outside. "Hey, Eden." He called as she got to the parking lot.

"Yeah?" She asked, standing in front of her car.

"I'd love to talk to you more during lunch. Sit next to me?" He asked and playfully elbowed her arm.

"Sounds good to me. See you then." They both got into their cars and made their way back to the hotel.

Once everyone had gotten back to the hotel they walked into the restaurant and sat at one of the larger tables. The waitress came over for our drink orders and was clearly attracted to Chris. "What can I get you guys?"

Chris responded first. "I'll get a Heineken, please."

"And I'll have a vodka soda." Everyone else responded and she made her way back to the bar, receiving a wink from Chris as she left.

"What was that?" Eden chuckled.

"What do you mean?"

She rolled her eyes. "You just winked at the waitress."

He shrugged and smirked at her. "I don't know what your talking about."

For the rest of lunch everyone chatted about how things were going and how ready they were to start filming. Chris and Eden talked more about themselves and their families until everyone decided that it was time to head back.

"You guys can head out without me. I've got to ask the receptionist something." Eden told the group and made her way to the desk. She had arranged for an early wake up call so she could hit the gym before the cast went for an outing. She made her way back to the front door and saw Chris chatting it up with the waitress from the restaurant. Chris saw her as she walked towards the door and quickly finished up his conversation. Eden only caught the last part of it.

"Great, Jessie. I'll see you tonight." He folded a piece of paper and put it into his pocket just as Eden passed them and walked outside. "Hey, Eden, wait up."

Eden stopped walking and turned to face Chris. "Hey you. Having fun back there?"

He chuckled and rubbed the back of his neck. "I guess you could say so."

"Wow." She rolled her eyes and kept walking.

"What?" He asked and followed her to her car.

"You." He raised an eyebrow. "That poor girl thinks that after tonight you'll actually call her back and that you might become something more. But you're never gonna call her and she's always gonna think 'what ever happened to that one famous guy I went out with?'."

"Well, you've certainly got some strong opinions."

"Sorry. I'm sure you're a really nice guy when you commit yourself to someone, but leading a girl on like that is a bit much." She kept walking and got to her car.

"I'm not leading her on. I am going to call her back." He defended.

"Okay. Say what you will. I'll meet you back at the office." She got into her car and drove away.