Need a Friend?

Pairing: Colin Shea x reader

Prompt: "I didn't get soaked through walking to your house for you to say no to pizza. I have beer too. I know you're sad, so let me in."

You sat on the couch, mindlessly watching tv and deliberately avoiding the constant ringing from your phone. You knew it would be Colin asking you what was going on and how you were doing. You wanted to talk to him, but you wanted to avoid reality more. After ten minutes of near constant buzzing from your phone, you finally answered.

"Colin, I'm really not in the mood right now can we talk another time."

"I'll be there in five minutes." He said. You could hear him breathing heavily through the phone.

"Are you running here right now? It's pouring rain, you're gonna catch a cold."

"Don't worry about me. I'll be there soon." He hung up abruptly before you had a chance to tell him off again. You sighed and went back to watching tv, waiting for Colin to eventually show up.

Five minutes later, to the second, there was banging on your apartment door. Begrudgingly, you got off the couch and over. "Colin, please you didn't have to come here." You said through the door. "I appreciate it, but I would really rather wallow alone."

"Y/N." He replied, sounding slightly annoyed. "I didn't get soaked through walking to your house for you to say no to pizza. I have beer too. I know you're sad, so let me in." You looked through the peephole and saw him standing there, dripping water onto the floor with his coat covering a pizza box and a six-pack. "Please, Y/N, I'm dying out here."

"Okay, okay." You opened the door to him smiling at you. He tried to walk in but you stopped him. "But we need to do something about these clothes. You kind of smell like a wet dog."

He handed you the pizza and stood with his arms spread wide, water dripping off his clothes. "What can you give me, then?"

You walked over to the kitchen and set the food down on the table. "I think I have some clothes you left here last time you were hiding from that girl let me go find them." You went back into your room and rummaged around the bottom of your closet before you found one of Colin's old t-shirts and a pair of sweatpants. "Here you go-" you cut yourself off when you came back into the living room to see him stripping off his wet clothes. "Oh Christ, Colin. You couldn't have waited until after I'd given you the clothes?" You said as you tossed them to him. 

"And why would I do that? Besides, it's nothing that you haven't seen before." He replied as he pulled on the set of dry clothes. 

You both sat down at the table and immediately opened the beers. "So, how'd you find out?" You asked him after taking a long sip of your beer. 

"I ran into him when I was over at the grocery store. I asked him if he was headed over to your's since he was in the area and he got super weird about it." He said and threw open the pizza box. "So I asked him why he was acting so fucking weird and then he said you guys broke up. And now here I am to console you."

"Oh, much good that's doing." You joked as you grabbed a piece of pizza and started eating. "You seriously didn't have to come, Colin. It's not that big of a deal."

"Come on, Y/N. I know we both knew he was a bit of a dickhead, but you did like him. And as your friend I wanted to be here for you so you wouldn't have to go through it alone."

"That's actually really nice of you."

"And I knew you would probably want to get drunk, so I'm here for that too."

"There it is folks." You laughed. As much as he liked to joke about it, you knew he actually cared a lot about you. The two of you had been through a lot together even in your short time in the city. There was a lot you owed to him for being there for you, and yet again here he was as a shoulder to cry on in a time of need.

"If you don't want to talk about it just feel free to tell me to shut up, but what exactly happened."

You tapped on the side of the bottle trying to keep yourself from crying before you answered him. "He gave some bullshit line that there was just something missing."

Colin rolled his eyes and booed. "That's so fucking stupid I can't believe it. What an asshole."

You put your head in your hands and groaned. "Why is everything the worst?"

Colin moved his chair next to yours and wrapped his arm around you. "Everything is the worst, I'll give you that. But let's not wallow tonight and just try and relax."

You leaned into him, head still in your hands. "I think I still have an old UFC fight on my DVR if you're interested." You told him.

He chuckled and you felt his chest rising against your cheek. "The best way to cure a broken heart is to watch huge dudes beating the absolute shit out of each other." You both laughed. He stood up and grabbed the pizza box. "I'll take this, you grab the beers." He walked over to the couch and sat down. You set the beers down on the coffee table and sat next to him. At some point that night the two of you fell asleep on the couch, his arm wrapped around you and your head on his chest. You woke up around 3 in the morning a little confused about ending up on the couch. As you sat up Colin shifted next to you. "What's to big deal here, you were a nice little blanket." He said, his eyes still closed.

"I think I'd prefer an actual blanket, if I'm being honest." You stood up and held your hand out to him. He opened one eye and looked at you skeptically. "Come on. No funny business, but I would like someone to cuddle with."

As dark as it was inside, you could see the smirk spread across his face. "Whatever you say, boss."