Eccedentesiast

Merry Christmas! (even though it was yesterday where i live lol) Here's the backstory that I've been waiting to post for ages but never wrote down.

Also no one knows what polysexual is so here I am to teach you

“Will they be nice?” Five year old Maru whispered, looking around the park. “I don’t think I’ll like them,”

“Well if you don’t like them we can leave, but try to give them a chance okay? Sakamoto Ezume said, ruffling his daughter's hair. “I’m introverted too, but this girl’s father has been my friend for a while, so it’d be great if you could befriend her,”

Maru nodded, murmuring the word ‘introverted’ under her breath, making a mental note to search it up in the large dictionary that was on the bookshelf outside her room once she got back home. She glanced up at the man next to her. “But even if I don’t like her I can still get a treat from the bakery on our way back home right?”

“Of course,”

An unfamiliar voice made her turn her head quickly, moving closer to her father. It was a happy shriek as a girl went down the slide upside down, using her hands to stop before she hit the ground, but the momentum carried her farther causing the roll off the bottom, hitting the grass with a cough. 

You scrunched your face up, shaking a bit before standing up. “I did it!”

“(Y/N)! I told you not to run off without me!”

“But I didn’t get hurt…” you frowned.

You father laughed, rubbing his forehead. “Yes I suppose you didn’t, but be careful,” he shifted his gaze to the two people staring at them, and his face lit up in a smile. “Ezu-kun!”

He nodded, giving the man a calm smile. “Been a while Isao,”

“Five years! Way too long! It’s great that you moved to the area. I’m surprised you were able to find a lady to get busy with,” he laughed, lowering his voice as he glanced at Maru, who seemed confused.

“What’s that supposed to mean,” Ezume narrowed his eyes. 

“Nothing, nothing. You know better than to take anything I say seriously!”

“I guess that’s true,” he laughed. “This is Maru,”

“Hey kid,” Isao squatted down. “I’m (L/N) Isao, and this my daughter (Y/N)!” 

Maru gave you both a small wave while taking a step backwards. You sat on the ground, staring up at her with wide eyes. You must have noticed how quiet she was, because you didn’t say anything, but didn’t look away either. Maru frowned, shifting her gaze. She’s staring at me. It’s kind of awkward.

You gasped, seemingly offended that she looked away and copied her, turning your head and crossing your arms with a pout. “I don’t like her,”

“You haven’t even said a word to her!” Isao gaped at you.

The other girl glanced back at you, making a face. I didn’t want her to say that. “Sorry,” she murmured.

You huffed, squinting at her. “You’re a lot big than me,”

“You mean taller?” Isao raised an eyebrow.

You nodded. “You’re a lot tall than me,”

“Er,” he corrected again.

“You’re a lot Er than me,”

Maru giggled. “Hey, are you doing that on purpose or you just stupid?”