Cliche

“So technically if someone in your dream beats you in an argument, you actually won that argument,” you explained your theory excitedly as you walked besides Konoha.

“Why are you thinking about that stuff?” He glanced at you.

“Dude, I think way too much. Or I watch cat videos on YouTube. Or Yagam-” you cut yourself off with a cough. Better to not tell him about that

“Yagam what?” He asked.

“Nothing. Nevermind. What was I saying? Cat videos? Yes,” you nodded to yourself.

Akinori gave you a weird look, “Sometimes I wonder what’s going on in that non-existent brain of yours,” he ruffled your hair. 

“Oh believe me, you don’t wanna kno- hey! Did you say non-existent!? Who was the one who helped you study?! ME!” You whacked his arm and huffed, picking up your pace as you walked.

“Oi, don’t be like that,” he caught up to you easily and you smiled up at him.

“Don’t be like what?”

“See, you really don’t have a brain up there,” he smirked.

“Oh you little-” You huffed, hitting him with your backpack full of textbooks.

“OW! Shit, (Y/N), that thing is heavy,” he murmured, rubbing his ribs.

“That’s what you deserve,” you stuck your tongue out.

He laughed and took a turn, “This is my homeroom, see you later,”

“Wait, I wanna see,” you poked his shoulder and tried to get around him.

“Huh? Why? It’s literally the same as yours,” he blinked at you.

“No. I wanna see your reaction,” you laughed as you shoved him towards the door. “Go on. Look inside,”

“What’s up with yo-” he opened the door and froze, “(Y/N)... what the hell?” He looked back to where you just were, but it was just empty space. You had run off down the hallway before he could get mad at you. 

Looking back at the classroom Konoha groaned. Plastic cups covered the entire floor of the classroom, along with the, being stacked in different patterns on the desk. 

“Yo, Konoha. What’s the hold up?” Komi nudged his friend, peeking inside. “Oh…”

“How the hell-”

“Did (Y/N) do this?” Komi asked.

“Yep,” Konoha kicked some of the cups over, then jumped backwards, “arRGHH WHAT THE F*CK?!” The cups were filled with not water, but white paint that spilled over the floor. “I’m going to murder that girl,” he growled, storiming off down the hallway. 

-o0o-

“(Y/N)!” Konoha walked up the roof at lunch.

“Oh hi Akinori, please don’t kill me-” you scurried behind Maru, who shoved you away. 

“I’m not going to kill you. Come here,” he gave you a somewhat-realistic smile and you stood up slowly.

“Are you sure? What are hiding behind your back?” You narrowed your eyes.

“Nothing dangerous I promise,” he patted your head.

You took a couple steps closer until you were just an arms length away from him, “... Now what?”

“Shut your eyes,”

“Hell no!” You glanced back at the rest of your friends, “Are you guys just gonna let this happen?”

Anzu and Bokuto, who were recording you excitedly, gave you a thumbs up, while Akaashi and Maru didn’t react, just continued their conversation about something-to-smart-for-you-to-understand. Komi shrugged and gave you an apologetic smile.

“Great,” you mumbled, “I just love my friends,”

“Now shut your eyes,” Konoha flicked your forehead.

“Akinori I swear to god you better not stab me-” you said as you shut your eyes.

“Please stab her,” Maru finally looked up and you opened your eyes again to glare at the girl.

“Hey!” 

Stab her… stab her… stab her…” Azumi and Bokuto chanted quietly, zooming in the camera on your annoyed face. 

“If it counts for something, I hope you don’t get stabbed,” Komi raised his hand.

tHANK YOU!”

“Shut your goddamn eyes,” Akinori grumbled and you jumped a bit, squeezing your eyes shut. “Good girl,” he patted your shoulder. 

A second later you felt something dripping from your hair onto your face and you sprung backwards, opening your eyes and wiping it off your cheek. 

“Paint?” You asked, attempting to get it out of your hair. You laughed, “Is it the paint from the cups in the classroom?”

“Yep,”

“HA! Jokes on you I put washable paint in there!” You stood up, pointing at Konoha.

“Yeah, but are you gonna walk around like that for the rest of the day?” He raised an eyebrow.

“Hmm, good point,” you mused.

“Are we just ignoring the fact that she got into the school at night and set that all up without being noticed?” Komi piped up.

“You don’t wanna know,” Maru shook her head.

“Oh I think I do,” Akinori smirked.

You coughed awkwardly, “And this is when I run before I get arrested,” you took off, running down the hallway. 

“Hey! Get back here!” Konoha sprinted after you, grabbing your wrist and pulling you back, causing you to be pressed up against his chest, faces just inches away from each other.”U-Uhhh,”

Normally you would be blushing, but something about Akinori’s red face was just so funny to you, and you burst out laughing, not bothering to move away from him. “This has to be one of the most cliched moments I’ve ever been in,”

“C-Cliche? What do you mean by that?” He narrowed his eyes.

“Oh nothing,” you giggled, standing on your toes to touch your forehead to his.

“What are you doing?” He asked, moving his head so your noses brushed against each other.

“I don’t know Akinori. What does it seem like I’m doing?” You whispered.

He smirked a bit, “Oh, don’t get too cocky,” he hands found their way to your waist , pulling you a bit closer.

“Fine. I won’t,” you pulled away, giving him an innocent smile, “See you around Akinori!”

He watched you as you walked down the hallway, running to catch up to Maru, and she ignored you. 

Konoha let a breathless laugh as he shook his head. “Okay (Y/N). I see how it’s going to be. Game on.”

(Fun Fact about me that nobody asked for: I don't plan out my stories. I just write what comes to mind, but since I usually listen to music while I write, what I write will depend on what music I'm listening to. Soooo, if I have a sad playlist on, sorry, it'll be angst. )