Syrup

Aaaaaaaayyyyyeeee, new story! I'm hyped not gonna lie-

"(Y/N)... this isn't going to end well,"

"Oh relax Maru," you waved it off, staring intently at the gym door.

"No I'm serious, Yumiko is going to kill you," she shook her head.

"She can't kill me, I'm her best middle blocker," you smiled confidently, waiting for the girls volleyball team's captain to walk through the gym door.

"I dunno, you know how much she hates pranks," Maru said nervously.

"It's just a little water!" You shrugged.

"It's syrup!" She exclaimed, clearly sick of you.

"Tomaeto, tomaato," you chuckled, "Plus, she always keeps a spare change of clothes with her, so it'll be fine!"

"I'm not taking the blame for you," she warned you.

"You never do," you rolled your eyes, "And I don't expect you to either!"

"Hey guys! My friend, Bokuto, is coming to our practice today!" Your libero, Azumi, came running up to you. "You have to help me out!"

"Huh? Why? Do you like him?" Maru asked.

"No, no! I've been trying to get him with a second year named Akaashi, but both of them are too dense to realize!" Azumi groaned.

"Well what do you expect? They're boys," you snort.

"True," Maru nodded, then turned her head towards the door, "I think someone is coming,"

"Oooooh, get ready!" You smiled, watching the entrance excitedly. It's only now that you realized the footsteps were a lot louder than usual, and sounded like multiple people. Before you could do anything about it the door was open and a bucket of syrup was falling onto someone's head who is definitely not Yumiko.

"Shit!" You yelled, and rushed towards the person. "Hey... uh, sorry about that!"

He took the bucket off his head and glared at you, "What the actual f*ck?"

Your eyes widened when you realized how pissed he was, "That wasn't meant for you!"

He sniffed his clothes then wiped his face a bit, "What is this stuff?"

(About 5 minutes earlier)

"HEY HEY HEY!" Bokuto Koutarou yelled about halfway through practice, probably just to get their attention.

"What do you want Bokuto?" Konoha turned towards him.

"I'm going to visit the girl's volleyball team to see a friend!" He announced, placing his hands on his hips.

"What does this have to do with us?" Komi asked.

"You're all coming with me!" Bokuto beamed at his team.

"Uhhhh, why?" Konoha blinked at him.

Koutarou made a face and crossed his arms, "Because I'm your captain and I said so! Come on!"

The rest of them followed him reluctantly, knowing there's no arguing with stupidity, and Akinori somehow ended up in the front since Bokuto started talking to Akaashi again. He sighed and headed towards the girl's gym, running his fingers through his hair. If Bokuto's friend is anything like him it's gonna be annoying.

Konoha opened the door to the girl's gym without a second thought, but froze when he felt something hit his head. It took him a second to realize what was happening and he stumbled backwards, caught off guard. He could feel something sticky oozing past his shoulders.

"Shit!" He heard you say, "Hey... uh sorry about that!"

He took the bucket off his head to see you staring at him awkwardly. He glared at you and pointed to the bucket, "What the actual f*ck?"

Your eyes widened, "That wasn't meant for you!"

Akinori sniffed his clothes a bit and then glanced back at you, "What is this stuff?"

You smiled awkwardly, "Uhhh, syrup, like the stuff you put on pancakes,"

He narrowed his eyes, "You mean the stuff you put on waffles,"

You scoffed, "Pancakes!"

"Waffles!"

"Pancakes!"

"WAFFLES ARE JUST PANCAKES WITH ABS!" Another girl yelled from across the gym and you both turned your heads to glare at her.

"YOU'RE A DISGRACE TO HUMANITY!" You yelled at the same time then looked at each other again.

He smirked at you, "I'm going to get you back for this,"

"Wha- you are?!" You stared at him.

"Obviously," He rolled his eyes, "Did you think I would just let this slide?"

"It was meant for someone else!" You were panicking a bit.

"Too bad. You better watch out. Plus, I can't let someone who thinks that pancakes are better than waffles walk around freely," he laughed at you.

"Says the one covered in maple syrup!" You huffed.

"And who's fault is that?" Konoha crossed his arms.

"Well it's certainly not mine," you looked away stubbornly.

"Huh?! It's obviously your fault!" he stared at you in disbelief.

"Nuh-uh! Why are you even at the girl's practice? You shouldn't be here anyway," you raised an eyebrow.

"I'm on the boy's volleyball team! Bokuto made us come!" He protested.

"Then it's Bokuto's fault," you nodded to yourself and Konoha made a face. Wait... she does have a point, he thought.

You picked up the bucket and looked inside, "Hey! There's still some syrup left! Let's pour it on Bokuto's head!"

He perked up and glanced at you, "Sure! But don't think you've been forgiven,"

You stuck your tongue out at him then looked around, "Wait, actually which one is Bokuto? I don't know what he looks like,"

Akinori gaped at you, "How do you not know who Bokuto is? He's like- the loudest person ever!"

"I have two younger brothers! Compared to them this is peaceful!" You said.

"Whatever," he rolled his eyes, "Give me that bucket!" You handed it over and he snuck up behind his captain. Glancing back at you, he realized he still didn't know your name, but he shook it off yet, it off as you gave him a thumbs up.

He tilted the bucket and the syrup poured out over Bokuto's head. It took him even longer than Konoha to realize that he had syrup in his hair so Akinori put the entire bucket on his head, and then ran back to you. Bokuto started to wobble around, screaming random things as the remaining syrup dripped past his shoulders. He pried the bucket off and spun around, but tripped and fell on his face.

You broke out laughing at the same time Konoha did and he grabbed your shoulder to keep himself from falling over.

"Oh, I'm (L/N) (Y/N)!" You suddenly said, turning to Akinori.

"Konoha Akinori," he nodded and you smiled.

"By the way, you miiigghhht want to change your clothes. They're soaked with syrup," you smirked at him and he scowled.

"Just you wait. You're gonna regret doing that to me soon enough," he crossed his arms.

"I doubt I will," you giggled.

"(Y/N)!! WHAT DID YOU DO THIS TIME?!" A girl with an angry expression stormed in the gym.

You jumped a bit, "Ah, hi Yumiko! It was all Konoha's fault!" You pointed at Akinori before running off and he gaped at you.

"WHA- GET BACK HERE YOU ASSHOLE!" He chased after you, leaving the rest of both teams behind.

Hehehehehe, this boy needed some love so I took on that challenge!