Chapter 27

"She doesn't have to do this! She is a kid!" I sat in my hospital bed, watching a huge fight break between Ethan, Dad, and my brothers. I woke up to this argument, however, it has only escalated since. I had no idea what was happening.

"Ethan, calm down, she needs to do this so he can get what he deserves." Immediately as those words left Trevor's mouth, my blood ran cold. They can't be talking about Liam. No way this is happening. I thought he was gone. I don't know if I have the strength to do this all over again.

"No, the fuck she doesn't. You guys are all assholes! Every one of you who thinks that she should be in the same room as that psychopath. I will not put up with it. Remember I still have full guardianship of her. I won't hesitate to use that power against you guys. Don't test me." My eyes bulged out of my head as I heard Ethan use vulgar language like that to Dad and my brothers. He has never raised his voice like that in front of me so it made me flinch and lean into the bed more. Grayson must have seen this and quickly put his one hand on my shoulder while rubbing circles with his thumb and his other hand in mine. He squeezed it and turned his head to look at me, silently telling me it was okay with his eyes.

"How dare you even bring that up. You are my son and you will not only listen to me but you will respect me. I will go to the court and get her guardian switched over to me. Don't test me. You have no right to make decisions for her." Dad said while inching toward Ethan. Ethan however didn't back down and stepped up to him as well.

"She isn't well enough to even be alone, how the hell do you expect her to have to sit in that courtroom while Liam stares her down, making her go through the stress and anxiety again." Dad's face turned red and his fist clenched. I saw the other boys inch towards the two just in case anything got physical.

"She will be fine. We will be there for her and we will protect her." Dad basically spat out between clenched teeth.

"How could I believe that when you let her get abused for years. You could have saved her but you didn't." Ethan exploded. I could tell he was hurting and guilty as soon as his shouts left his mouth. Tears came to my eyes as I saw the look on Dad's face. His expression held pain and guilt before his face turned hard as a rock. He stared at Ethan for a few minutes. Ethan was now letting tears down his face. I looked over and saw my brothers with hurt and shocked expressions. Dad cleared his throat and stepped back.

"Dad I-" Ethan tried to reach out for him but Dad moved away from his touch.

"You're right. I'll just leave. I know I am not wanted here." The tears in my eyes fell down my face and a sob left my mouth.

"Dad! Please stay." He looked at me with soft eyes but then they hardened. He then turned and started to leave. I struggled to get out of the bed but Grayson had a tight grip on me. Brandon soon came over to my other side because I was struggling so bad. "Dad! No! Come back! Please!" I kept shouting and thrashing, trying to get to him. "Let go of me! Dad!" My sobs became louder and louder and it soon was hard to breathe. Ethan was in the same place he ended the argument with Dad with a blank expression on his face.

"Shh! It's okay Beautiful. Please calm down, you will make yourself sick." John came over and stroked my hair. I didn't want to listen as I stared desperately at the door, hoping that this was all a joke and Dad would come back. I stopped thrashing after a few minutes but my sobs didn't slow down.

"I-I-I don't blame h-h-him. Please g-g-get he back h-h-here." I choked out while coughing from the crying.

"Baby, you need to calm down. Dad just needs some alone time, however, right now you need to breathe. Copy my breathing. Ready? Okay in, hold 1,2,3, out. Beautiful job, keep going." Jake put my hand on his chest and tried to help me match my breaths with his. It started to work after a bit. My breathing was calming down as well as my tears. My weak body was completely worn out from that episode, but I was determined to stay awake. "You're doing great, Love. How about you go to sleep? That was a lot." Trevor said while replacing Grayson from his spot and running his hand through my hair. I shook my head and turned toward him.