Chapter 9

I felt a heavyweight on my chest as I came back from unconsciousness. My eyes seemed very heavy and it felt like they were impossible to open. I wiggled my fingers and toes to try and wake myself up more. When I finally came to, I opened my eyes to find John laying on top of me. He looked up at me when he felt me move.

"Good morning sunshine." He smiled at me while I just frowned at him.

"Get off of me you fat whale." His smile turned into a frown and then into a smirk. He went to get up but then plopped back down again.

"I can't get up. I'm too tired." I huffed and tried to wiggle out from under him but it didn't work. At one point I wiggled too hard and hit my hurt rib. I yelped and tried to push him off of me. He got off right away and looked to see what was wrong. My breath came out in pants and it was very painful.

"G-G-Get Ethan." John nodded and ran to go find him. I curled up in a ball, trying to relieve the pain. After what felt like hours, Ethan came running in.

"Bri, what the hell happened?" I pointed to my rib and back at John that entered shortly after Ethan with Trevor, Brandon, and Jake. They all gave John a death glare but looked back at me when another wave of pain hit me.

"What did you do to her, you idiot?" Brandon asked while getting in his face.

"We were kidding around. Right, Bri?" I gave them a thumbs up while I was hunched over. I heard a smack and an "ow" but nothing serious. The pain started to go away and I slowly got up. I saw that Jake and Brandon left, probably going to go tell Dad what had happened.

I tried to get up but I was held back by Ethan.

"Hold on Bri. Take a break before you hurt yourself even more." I just huffed and sat there. The boys looked at my agitated face and chuckled at me. They all came around and sat down around me. Just then James and the rest of the boys ran into the room.

"Guys, there is a shoot-out at the abandoned warehouse. We need all hands on deck. We need to leave now!" James said at full volume. I looked wide-eyed at everyone but they looked calm.

"Wait, what is going on?" They all looked at me and then sighed.

"Bri, we need you to stay here. This is very dangerous and I could never live with myself if you got hurt." James said while walking toward me. I squinted my eyes and glared at him.

"That already happened, didn't it." The words left my mouth before I could stop them. My eyes widened and James stopped where he was standing. "Oh no, oh my god I am so sorry. I didn't mean that. I feel so bad. Oh no I-." I was cut off by James coming at me again.

"Shh, it's okay Lovebug. We all say stuff out of anger. I am not mad." I closed the distance between us and hugged James. How could that ever cross my mind? "Just promise me you will stay here." I nodded and pulled away from him.

"Who will be staying with me?" I looked at the guys and they all scoffed and folded their arms, except for Ethan.

"Liam will be staying with you," Elli mumbled out. I looked at them confused.

"Why is that so bad?"

"Because he is a boy." I looked at Grayson like he was an alien.

"You guys are boys though." Jake laughed at me and my obliviousness.

"But we don't want to date you," Brandon said while cringing. I just laughed and was interrupted by James's phone ringing.

"I am sorry Bri but we have to go now. We love you." He kissed me on my head and so did all of the boys after him. When it came time for Etha, he hugged me and made sure I was okay. Soon after that, they all left me alone with Liam.