Chapter 12

I was woken from my sleep by a finger poking me in my side.

"Honey, you need to get up. We need to leave." I groaned and turned away from the person.

"No, please go away." They chuckled and ripped the covers right off of me. "Stop!" I dragged out the "ah" and turned over again. I felt hands go under my legs and around my back. I peeked open my eyes and saw Eli's face staring back at me. I smiled a bit but closed my eyes again and put my head on his chest.

"Come on Bug." I groaned but nodded. I lifted my head once again and he set me down. "Change and then meet us downstairs." I just nodded as he left. I stripped off my sweats and changed into some black leggings and a grey sweater. I slipped on some white vans I found in the closet with some fuzzy socks. I threw my hair up in a messy bun and grabbed my blanket and pulled it around me. I went into my bathroom and brushed my teeth. Once I was done, I walked downstairs and met with everyone. They all looked drained. Bags were under everyone's eyes but they all held smiles. I could see the pain in their eyes but they wouldn't dare show it.

"You ready pumpkin?" James asked while coming over to me.

"Yep!" My smiling and the cheery mood seemed to make them feel a little better. Real smiles came on their faces and they chuckled at me. James walked away to get the car as we all just stood there. One of the maids came and told us that James had pulled the car around. We were all leaving before I realized how hungry I was. "I am starving," I emphasized each word. They all turned towards me so fast, I thought they got whiplash.

"Wait what?" Trevor said first.

"Did I just hear what I thought I heard?" Grayson followed

"Am I hallucinating?" John said while holding his head.

"God has finally answered my prayers," Jake said while dropping to his knees.

"What is happening?" Brandon said while turning towards everyone else.

"I have to be dreaming?" Eli asked while pinching himself. "Ouch, definitely not dreaming." I giggled and they all snapped out of it. Just then James came back and looked confused.

"What is going on? We are going to be late." They all looked at him and then back at me.

"She said that she was starving," Ethan said, not fazed by me. I giggled and walked over to James. His face was the same as the boys but he soon replaced it with a smile.

"What are you fools doing? Let's get in the car so we can go and get her something to eat." I giggled again as they all ran to the car. I was picked up by Brandon and carried to the car. Once we were seated, James sped down the driveway and the streets to get some breakfast. After what felt like thirty seconds, we arrived at IHOP.

"I thought we didn't have much time?" I asked while getting out of the car. They all just shrugged and pushed me inside. There was a man at the front of the restaurant who waited to seat us. He was around Ethan's age. He had sandy blonde hair and golden-brown eyes. He was pretty fit and kinda tall. Nothing compared to the brother but still very tall.

"Table for how many?" We made eye contact as he said and winked at me.

"Do you have something in your eye?" I asked without holding back. I immediately covered my mouth and had wide eyes. He gave me a look that made me want to pee myself right there. The guys giggled but stopped as soon as they saw the look he was giving me. I leaned into Grayson's side a little more. He put his arm around me and glared even harder at the boy.

"Table for nine." The guy nodded frighteningly as he saw the looks the boys were giving him. He led us to a table in the back. Before he could leave James spoke up again. "Oh, and before you go, I suggest you back off my daughter because I will personally give you the beating of your lifetime." He didn't even look up from the menu as he spoke to the kid. However, when he finished, he gave the kid a mighty glare. The guy looked like he was going to cry. I would too if James ever talked to me like that. We all sat down and looked through the menu.