Chapter 7

A bright light shined on my closed eyes, urging me to get up. The light willed me to get up but I didn't let it. I snuggled into the warmth that the bed provided me. My body yearned for me to move but I didn't give in. The light seemed to get brighter and my body seemed to wake up more. I then felt a presence on my back that shot me out of my trance. I sat up very quickly and I felt the blood rush to my head. I saw the room spinning and put my hand on my pounding head.

"Are you okay?" Brandon's deep voice asked while coming over to me.

"Yeah, I just got up too fast. You scared me." He chuckled and sat down next to me.

"Sorry, Bri." I smiled at him and rubbed my eyes. "Don't do that." He quickly grabbed my hands and pulled them away from my eyes. I pouted and he just cooed at me. I laughed and pushed his monstrous body away from me. I stood up and stretched my aching body. Weird, strange sounds came out of my mouth. When I was done stretching I looked over at Brandon to see him smirking at me.

"What just came out of your mouth?"

"Have you never stretched before?" He burst out laughing. I gave him the mightiest glare and walked out. I stomped into the hallway and back into my room. I shut my door and sighed. I went into my closet and changed into black leggings and an old, worn-out sweater that was from my old friend Liam. Liam was the type of person to give before taking. He was always there for me and helped me through everything. He was so sweet and kind and his heart seemed bigger than humanly possible. He and I were very close before he had to move away. When Liam broke that news to me, a part of my heart died. The day he left will be a day I will never forget. He told me he was moving but wouldn't tell me why. I remember him leaving and me gripping him, begging for him not to leave me. A part of my heart left with him that day and I never got it back. I was taken out of my depressing state by a knock at my door. I shook my head and walked over to the door. I opened it and was surprised to see Dad standing there. I smiled at him and he happily shared one back with me.

"Hey Baby Girl, I wanted to tell you that breakfast is ready." I nodded and went to shut my door but then I realized something. Where is Ethan? I haven't seen him since yesterday.

"Wait Dad," James turned around and gave me a nod. "Where is Ethan?" Dad gave me a look I couldn't read.

"He went out last night and isn't back yet." My eyes widened and panic soon slipped into my blood and my breathing increased.

"W-W-What do you mean?" He gave me a sympathetic look and started to walk toward me.

"He isn't back yet." I could tell he was keeping something for me. He kept coming near me but I put my hand out to stop him.

"Don't come near me." He stopped and looked hurt. "What is happening?" James sighed and rubbed his face.

"We will talk over breakfast." I was about to argue but James left before I could say anything. I turned back in my room and shut my door. I grabbed a pillow from my bed and screamed into it. I fell to the ground and sobbed. Where is Ethan? I started to shake and whimper. All of my emotions spilled out and I couldn't stop it. I just sat there, crying, and shaking. After a while, I calmed down. I couldn't cry anymore and I felt numb. I slowly stood up and put my pillow back on my bed. I couldn't look at myself so I slowly made my way down the stairs. I finally made my way to the dining room. When I walked in James and the boys were all sitting there. It seemed like they were waiting for me. I looked at James and he gave me a concerned look back. I put my head down and walked to my chair. I sat down and waited for them to get food.

"Bri, get some food," James said but I shook my head.

"I'm not hungry." I croaked out. My throat was sore from screaming and crying. I quickly took the water pitcher that was on the table and filled my glass and chugged it. When I didn't hear plates clunking I looked up at everyone. They were all giving me all worried looks. I just looked down again and sat there. After a few minutes I heard James mumble something to the boys and they all grunted but started to get food and eat. All I heard was plates clinking and people chewing. I looked up to see everyone but my eyes quickly fell on the empty seat. More tears came to my eyes and a lump gathered in my throat. I looked over at James to find he was already staring at me.