Chapter 10

I stared at him and pointed at my throat. He sighed and nodded. I closed my eyes and put my head on James's shoulder. He cooed at me and rubbed my back. After a few minutes, he started to move but I just whined in protest. Everyone laughed and cooed at me but I was so comfortable that I didn't want to move. I felt one of the boys pick me up off of James and hold me to their chest. I tiredly looked up to see Ethan holding me. I smiled at him and snuggled into him.

"I can take her back if you want Ethan," James said while coming closer to us.

"No thanks. I need some time with Bri." He just nodded and tried to go to sleep. He held me even closer and kissed my head. "I missed you Bri."

"I missed you too," I mumbled, half asleep. It didn't sound right because my throat was so raw and my voice was gone. He chuckled and walked us to his room. Once he was inside, he sat me on his bed. He walked into his bathroom while I just laid there. Once he was done doing his thing, he came back into bed and laid next to me. I snuggled up next to him and put my head on his chest.

"Bri, I love you so much. You are the reason I am here today. You are my heart Nana, and I wouldn't have it any other way." I whined and grabbed his arm. He looked at me and his eyes softened. I probably looked very rough. I mocked sign language and tried to tell him I loved him. I pointed to my eye first. "Eye?" I nodded and then pointed to my chest. "Heart?" I half nodded and then pointed to him. "Me?" I nodded and just waited for him to get it. "Eye, heart, me?" He then slapped himself and I smiled at him. "I love you too Bri." He squeezed me then sighed. "We should probably get some sleep." I nodded and put my head back on his chest and closed my eyes.

I woke up to an empty bed. Ethan must have gone somewhere. I groaned but stopped as soon as I started because my throat was on fire. My head felt as if someone was banging on it with a hammer and my whole body was sore. I whimpered and sat up. Dizziness came over me fast and I had to lay back down. I had to lay there for a while before I could even move. I finally was able to sit up and get off of the bed. I felt like crap. I felt my nose running and my stomach hurt so much. I slowly made my way out of the bedroom and downstairs. Once I made it into the foyer, James came up to me and hugged me. I groaned again and then whimpered. He immediately pulled away and checked over me for any wounds. Once he saw my face his eyes softened.

"Oh Principessa, you need to get some medicine and then go back to bed."

"I-I-I need water." I croaked out and then was sent into a coughing fit. He rubbed my back and helped me stabilize myself again. He put his hand on my back and helped me walk into the dining room. When I walked in, everyone was already there. Right away Ethan came up to me and held me in his arms.

"Oh Bri, you look deathly." I offered him a weak smile and he gave me a small one back. Everyone came up and started to hug and coo at me. I just put up with them until that burning in my throat snuck up on me. I quickly stumbled to the bathroom and let out whatever was in my stomach. I felt someone come up behind me and grab my hair and rubbed my back. I dropped down on my knees and rested my head on the sink next to the toilet.

"Come on Bri. Let's go upstairs." I weakly nodded and flushed the toilet. I felt arms go under my armpits and lift me into their arms. I looked up and saw Jake's face filled with concern and worry. I just shut my eyes and put my head on his chest.

"Ethan, is she okay?" John asked while putting his hand on my forehead.

"When she gets sick, she gets sick for either a long time or it is really bad. She doesn't have a good immune system." Ethan explained while coming closer to us.

"Has she had that checked out?" James said while turning to Ethan.

"Only once because Sean wouldn't take her." At the mention of his name, I stiffened and so did everyone else.