Chapter 18

I woke up curled in the corner of the small, cold, hospital bathroom. The boys were still trying to get in. I bet none of the meatheads thought to get the doctor or custodian to unlock the door for them. I moved my hand to my throbbing arm and felt the dried blood before I saw it. It was layered like a second skin. I winced at how much there was. I used the sink next to me to help me stand. Immediately I was met with lightheadedness. I fell into the wall behind me and tried to regain my balance. The boys must have heard the thud because they were banging even harder on the door.

"Just break the damn thing."

"Are you okay Bri?"

"Bri, open the door." I continued to drown them out as I turned on the water to wash the blood off. Once I was done, I took a towel and dried my arm. I slowly made my way over to the door and finally unlocked it. The boys almost fell in. Ethan immediately hugged me and made me snuggle into him.

"Oh my gosh Bri, don't ever do that again. I was so worried." He was shaking a little which made me feel bad. James then came barging over. He gently but forcefully took me out of Ethan's arms.

"You're making me want to take you home Bri." He whispered in my ear. He sounded so broken. I knew he just wanted to do what was best for me but it hurts so bad. To watch your life pass you by as you're confined to a hospital bed. I know the boys will put their lives on pause for me and I don't want that. If I was home I would be able to let them live their lives. I broke down in tears.

"Please, just let me go home." I sounded so weak because I am weak. I am broken. I am shattered and don't know if I can ever be fixed. I never experienced life. I've experienced hell. I walked through the depths of hell with Satan himself. I am here battling the disease that ripped my mother away from me and tore my happy family apart. This disease ruined my life. It creates true monsters. Maybe I want to die but the anxiety of what is after life is scary. I can't deal with change. Not even little changes because all of my life I was sheltered from anything changing. I was broken out of my thoughts when Brandon came over to us and rubbed my back. I didn't realize I was sobbing till I felt James trying to help me breathe. Nurses finally came in and realized what had happened. They quickly ushered me to the bed I was going to be confined to. I started to cry harder but didn't fight them. They put the needles back in my arms and put all of the wires back on my chest.

"Honey, you need to calm down." One of the kind-looking nurses told me.

"W-W-Would you be calm if you j-j-just found out that you're g-g-gonna waste away in an h-h-hospital?" Her eyes filled with shock and pity.

"What do you mean?" She asked. James decided to step in before I passed out.

"She has cancer and the doctors recommended for her to stay inpatient while she got treatment." The nurse again looked taken aback. She took one look at me and left the room. James kissed my head and followed the nurse out of the room. Ethan crawled into the bed with me and tried to calm me down. I clung to him and just cried into his chest. This was so painful. My chest hurt so bad. My heart is broken.

"I want to go home," I whispered to Ethan. You could feel the pain in my voice.

"I want you to come home too," Ethan whispered back while pulling me closer to him.

"I don't understand why I can't go home and just come to the hospital when I need treatment." He sighed and rubbed my back.

"They have to give you such an aggressive treatment that the side effects could be very rough on you. They want you here just in case something happens. Especially after your port incident."

"They really think something is going to happen to me, don't they?" I stated rather than a question. Ethan's silence was my answer and I wanted to scream. "I need to go home, Ethan. Please take me home. I'll do anything." I sat up in his arms and grabbed him. I looked around the room and saw everyone looking at us. "Please, guys. Please, I am begging you right now to take me home. I'll be good. I'll eat and I'll listen. I'll help around the house and I'll, I'll..." I cut myself off with a hiccup from crying so hard.

"Bri, baby, you need to calm down," Elli said while coming over to the side of the bed. I shook my head and let go of Ethan and grabbed onto him. I looked him right in the eyes and begged.

"Please, I'm begging you. I can't stay here. I know you guys don't want me here. I could get even sicker and I could die here and would have never felt comfortable. Is that what you guys want? For me to die here so you guys don't have to deal with me?" I let out another sob. Jake and John came over to the other side of the bed.

"That's enough Brianna. We love you so much, baby. We don't want to see you in pain or sick. We want you as comfortable as you can be..." I cut John off quickly.

"Then you guys would take me home." I almost screamed out.

"You need to calm down. You're gonna make yourself sick." Ethan said while rubbing my back.

"Nobody is listening to me! I am going to die. I want to be at home while it happens." Trevor and Brandon finally came over to the side of the bed with Elli and pushed their way to me. Grayson also came to the bed but stood at the end.

"Bri, you're not going to die." I whipped my head towards Trevor and glared at him.

"If I wasn't going to die, I would be in a car on the way to the house but look where we are." I looked at all of them and sighed. "I-I-I can't do this alone. If you guys leave me here, I will be alone. You guys have lives outside of me. I totally get that. I want you guys to live your lives without the stress of me but the selfish part of me wants you guys here all the time. You guys have given me more love these past few weeks than I ever got in my life from my parents. If I was home, I could balance that but here I feel like a burden. So please, just take me home. Let me enjoy my life while I still have it." I lowered my volume to almost a whisper and calmed myself down. All of the boys had tears in their eyes and they looked vulnerable. James must have heard my little speech because he pushed all of the guys by my side away and stood where they stood.

"Ethan move. Boys out." Without hesitation, the boys left the room at James' command. Ethan got up from the bed and kissed my head. James then took Ethan's spot next to me and held me in his arms. "You're not going to die. I won't let you die. I just got you back baby. I don't know what to do. Of course, I want you with me forever but I need you forever. How about this, you stay for a week, starting tomorrow, if you truly feel uncomfortable then I will talk to the doctors and take you home." I gasped and sat up in his arms.

"You would do that for me?" He smiled and nodded his head.

"Of course baby girl." I gave him a huge smile and hugged the life out of him.

"Thank you!" He chuckled and rubbed my back. I relaxed in his arms and let myself drift into a stress-free dreamland.