~Dream~

10.

Katherine NightinGale

I woke up in a forest. It was dark, old and otherworldly. The decaying air and stifling atmosphere provided the perfect abode for those who worshipped the darkness rather than the light. I picked myself up from the dry grass and creped around the branches to find my way out. As I was walking the path beneath my feet faded as it led into the darkness of the forest. A light misty lair started to appear as I made my way stumbling through the branches of the tree. After the never ending darkness I stumbled upon a shadowy figure that creped below a tree. The man was wearing a black robe, he had no hair but a white beard. He looked very creepy.

"I have been waiting for you, my child." He spoke.

"Who are you?" I asked.

"I'm your blood."

"My blood?"

"Salazar Slytherin."

"Slytherin? As in the house at Hogwarts?"

"Yes, indeed. I was the founder of Slytherin. And also yours and your fathers descendant."

"You know who my father is."

"Of course I know who your father is. Although I'm disappointed you're not a pureblood but a half-blood just like him."

"I- I'm a half-blood. So I'm not a mud-blood?"

"Merlin, no you're not a mud-blood."

"Wait, am I really here or-"

"You're dreaming, my child. I've been waiting for 16 years to see you."

"Yea, that's not creepy at all. Why?"

"To show you where you really belong. You're all four houses but you only belong to one, and that is Slytherin. It's your family legacy."

"I don't even know who my real family is, but I get the feeling you do."

"Your wand. The Death Eaters wand. Do you know why you have that?"

"No. Mind enlightening me?"

"It's because that's where you belong. You belong in our world, a world with Death Eaters, and pure-bloods, and even half-bloods. Not mud-bloods, or muggles."

"What so bad about them?"

"They are filthy, they have dirty blood. They're not trustworthy or worthy of wizard magic. But you, you're special."

"How so?"

"Because you're his daughter."

"Wake up." I started hearing a girl's voice. "Katherine, wake up."

"Hermione?" I woke up heavily breathing.

"Yes. You were talking in your sleep."

"What?"

"Are you alright? You look like you've seen a ghost."

"Something like that."

"Well, it's time for breakfast anyways."

I started getting ready but couldn't get him out of my head, or his words , 'You're his daughter.' Whose daughter was I? How did he know me? Why Death Eaters? Nothing made sense to me. The wand, the dream, the man, nothing. After we were done getting ready we walked over to the Great Hall for breakfast. As soon as I walked over to the table, my eyes met his. Draco. I started thinking about last night again. But shook it off, and looked over to Adrian who was already looking at me. I sat next to him.