~Amortentia~

31.

SMUT ALERT

Katherine

Delphi walked to me and held out my left hand. "You got the mark, didn't you?" She pulled my sleeve up. "Holy shit, you did."

"I did."

I looked back at Draco who looked furious. He threw across the book he had in his hand, making everyone flinch, and held his head with both his hands. I walked over to him but he backed away.

"Draco-"

"Don't. Just fucking don't."

"I-" My voice was breaking. "I didn't want that for you. I didn't want you to get the mark."

"And you think I wanted you to get it? I was so relieved when I heard you were never going to get it. Because I didnt want you to live with it for the rest of your fucking life." He yelled.

"That's exactly what I wanted for you. I never cared whether I would get it or not. But I did care about how you never wanted it. I wanted to prevent that from happening."

"Well, congratu-fucking-lations you've succeeded."

"Please don't be mad. I did it for you. You didn't wanna become... this. And I didn't want you to either. Understand that."

"Oh I understand it perfectly." He calmed down. "You... you should've told me. At least talked to me about it."

"I didn't know what to say or how to tell you. Because I know you wouldn't have agreed to it."

"Damn right I wouldn't have."

"See?"

"Y-"

He got cut off by his bracelet. The bracelet I gave him. It suddenly started glowing red. And then there was a vibration on my chest. It was the necklace he had given me. It was glowing red too. We both looked at each other confused. What is it with these pieces of jewelry? What's so special about them?

"Why are they glowing?" He asked touching his bracelet.

"I- I don't know."

"Did they ever glow before?"

"No, we got them today."

"The twins might know."

"I'll ask them back at school. I'm sorry Draco."

"Nice to hear you apologize for once."

"Yea don't get used to it, you won't be hearing it again."

He chuckled.

"Are you guys done?" Delphi said.

"We should go."

We walked back over to Delphi, Cissy, and mother. Fucking hell. Why is it always so awkward when I'm in front of her? Why can't I just talk to her? I want to talk to her, tell her everything. But I just can't find the words.

"Um..." Mother spoke. "Kat- uh... Katherine, can I talk to you? Alone." I nodded.

We walked over to the side. The silence was too loud. Merlin it was awkward.

"What did you wanna talk about?" I asked.

"You did it for Draco, didn't you?

"Do what?"

"The mark. You took the mark so that Draco wouldn't get it."

"Yea, I did."

"You love him." She looked down. "I- I'm sorry. I know you don't wanna talk to me about anything that has to do with you-"