Chapter 32.

ROSE P.O.V.

"I thought that you might be tired, so I brought food here," he said while eating.

"Thank you, but where were you?"

"Business, Rose." At his answer, I just shrugged and continued eating. Brownie has also not been here for a while, I wonder, is he even alive? I don't even know where to find him, hope so he's fine.

"I shall leave," Adrien said while putting his plate down and wiping his lips with a handkerchief.

"So soon? I thought you'll stay." I admitted I wanted to talk to him, I wanted to ask him what he was going to tell me that day of my accident, he's been avoiding me a lot lately.

"I have some work pending, as soon as they're done, I'll be back." He kissed my forehead and left, I looked down at my plate and there was still some food in it. I hate eating alone, I wrapped the food back and kept it on the table.

Morning

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY!" I woke up to my friend- Grace singing a happy birthday song to me, rubbing my eyes, I asked, "How did you know?" my voice was groggy due to sleep.

"It was written on your Id card that you were born on the fourteenth of February, 2000," she said smiling widely, and then added, "Valentine's day." I could hear the sadness in her voice now. I know they're keeping something from me and will figure it out soon.

"Yeah, the day my mother died." I casually replied. I usually go to my mother's grave every Valentine's day and spend my day there but today I'm not in India so I'll just keep myself busy with studies and be unnoticed, yeah that sounds like a good plan.

"I'm sorry, Rose." Grace came beside me and wrapped her arms around my shoulder, I just laid my head on her shoulder for a while and replied, "It's okay."

Soon we were ready for University, I opted to wear my casual Kurti and leggings because I was not a birthday party girl. Grace and I were on our way when someone grabbed my hand, making me gasp, and spun me around like a princess. I giggled and looked at his arms- it was Adrien, he looked so happy. "Adrien, stop!" I yelled while laughing.

"Happy birthday, angel," he said and I smiled as he put me down.

I looked back at Grace who was looking at me like she did nothing, I mouthed her, how dare you? She rolled her eyes and made her way inside the university. I looked around and saw everyone was looking at us, mostly they were couples.

"We are getting late to the class, Adrien!!" I said, he took my hand and said, "It's your birthday! Plus it's Valentine's day so I don't think anyone is interested in listening to the lectures."

"But...I have to go somewhere." I explained sheepishly to him, I didn't want to hurt him but this was important.

"Ah, then what about this evening? Are you free?" he asked.

"Yeah... evening will be good," I replied and was walking on my way to the church when I saw a couple kissing, a smile crept my lips as the thought of Lorenzo's lips fluttered my heart. I still remembered our first kiss, I could still imagine his cold lips against mine. My daydream was broken when I arrived at the church and bumped into a lady.

"My child, take care." she smiled at me, the lady was chubby and bubbly when she smiled her eyes talked about her joyfulness. I said a small "sorry" giving a sheepish smile to her and got inside the church.

Moving into the passage, the quiet air tinctured with the scent of incense, candles and the more solidly Anglican smell of musty prayer books, metal polish and flowers. I went to a bench and dropped to my knees in front of my Lord as I joined my hands and closed my eyes. Love is in prayers, church feels my family and friend. Praying in church makes me light-hearted, the silence here is peace. My prayers were over after a while and as I came outside the church my phone rang- it's Sahara.

"Rosie!!! Happy Twentieth Birthday!!" my granny chirped, almost yelling inside the phone.

"Thanks, Grandma." I smiled a little.

"Did you get a courier? I've sent you a gift!!" she exclaimed.

"No, not yet, I'm at the church. Did you go to mum's grave today? Can you please tell her that I love her?"

"Yes, darling, I will definitely tell her."

"I'll talk to you later and please take care, Okay? Bye."

"Yeah, bye, love you."

I whispered love to you too and ended the call. I went to my dorm and saw a brown packet kept on my bed, maybe Grace collected it. It must be from Sahara. I started unwrapping the packet, my eyes grew big looking at it. It revealed a baby pink, fish cut dress. She always gives me a dress on my birthday, my typical Sahara.