Chapter 23.

ROSE P.O.V.

"What are you?" I hiccupped, tears rolling down with the same quietness.

Lorenzo didn't look like Lorenzo anymore and it seems like my life has just turned upside down. He is still staring at me with those bloodshot eyes that can haunt anyone in their nightmares for ages. His presence itself hung like a threatening hail-cloud over the sprouting harvest of my peace of mind.

I closed my eyes in pain that kept on increasing with every passing second, my breathing slowly decreasing but when I opened them, he was sitting right in front of me. His eyes bore into mine, never looking away as if they were looking at my soul.

Adrenaline floods my system, it pumps and beats like it's trying to escape. My heart may explode and my eyes wide with fear. My body wants to run fast away from him but my body feels paralyzed with fear.

"Please, don't kill me," I begged with chattering teeth due to a quivering jaw, my voice barely coming out. Rather than leaving me, he came closer, filling my nerves with fear. My mind was starting to fail, like an engine that turns out over and over, never kicking into action. I couldn't formulate any thoughts. Every passing moment the pain in my neck kept on increasing. It felt like today was the last day of my life, I closed my eyes, surrendering to the inevitable.

One second, two seconds, three seconds, but nothing happened. Opening my eyes I saw that Lorenzo was no more in the trial room and the pain in my neck seemed to have vanished. Bringing my hand to my throat I awaited a gory sight but was shocked to see no blood. Turning towards the mirror, I saw my reflection in it. My hair was a mess, my lips were swollen but there was no blood or puncture wounds on my neck, as though nothing happened just now. Coming out of the trial room, I was greeted by the staff,

"Ma'am, sir has asked me to drop you to your place," the assistant informed me. It means he was all real, but what was he?

"But, where did he go?" I asked,

"I don't know," he replied,

The assistant took me in his car and dropped me to my dorm. I couldn't understand anything. The fear in me was clear on my face which was also noticed by the assistant,

"Are you alright, ma'am?" he asked, glancing at me through the mirror.

"Yea," I croaked,

What does he want from me?

Why did he bite me?

Does he want to kill me?

Why did he say I'm not a human?

With the many questions still swirling through my mind, I got inside my room locking it tightly. Finding no one inside I shed all my tears and scream. Fear was still curling up inside me and it clung to my ribs, settling uncomfortably in my chest. I don't doubt that this feeling will always stay, always reminding me of his existence every time I breathe.

For the first time in my life I'd let someone come so close to me.

First time in my life I'd kissed someone. First time in my life I started liking someone. But it turns out he is not even human.

"Beloved..."

The unknown voice never leaves my ears, he keeps calling me. It is more haunting than before, I cannot help but close my ears trying to block his voice.

There's a knock on the door making me jump in fear, Grace never knocks. Gulping loudly, my hands tremble and my eyes water as I reach out towards the doorknob. My body feels hot and sweat starts trickling down my neck. I grip it tightly and twist it. With every move I make, I get more and more terrified. My breath quickens as I hear the cracking of the door.

My eyes caught a glimpse of boots, looking up I was greeted by a concerned Adrien.

"Hey, Angel...are you okay? why are you crying?"

As much as I tried to hold it inside me, it came out like an uproar from my throat in the form of a silent scream. Thick beads of water started pouring out from my eyes, one after another with no signs of stopping. I couldn't reply anymore and crumpled down to the ground. As I sat there trying to pull myself together and wipe my tears away, he pulled me to his chest where I stayed until my crying subsided.

Please vote and comment (;