Chapter 34.

ROSE P.O.V.

"Read the book." was all that he replied as he left, I stood on the dance floor dumbfounded, gazing at the book in my hands. My eyes lingered on the title of the book 'Bringing the nation's husband home', I rolled my eyes at the title with a smile as I kept the book inside my handbag. I wonder what Adrien was up to, what is Shmily?

After a while I sat at the snack table, eating some chips I kept looking at the crowd, everyone seemed happy, lost in their world but my eyes just wanted to meet those emerald gems which captured my heart, I sighed internally for having such mixed feelings for Lorenzo even after knowing what he was, but we are just friends?

I was busy in my thoughts when Grace walked up next to me and took a chip,

"hey," she said, smiling at me. I gave her a small smile as I asked, "Hey, you enjoying yourself?"

"yes, the party is great," she replied as she secretly turned her head where Zain was laughing while talking to his friends. I think she's already falling for him- she quickly snapped her head back around when she realized I noticed. "uh," she said nervously. A soft girly giggle escaped my lips and she joined me in a while but not before rolling her eyes.

Two hours later.

I started eating my third chocolate cupcake as my body swayed side to side and hummed to the song that was playing in the background. Once I was done I threw the wrapper from the cupcake and started drinking some soda to wash it down. Damn, I need one more but I've already had enough, I stood at the table and thought about something to do. I searched through the crowd to find Adrien but he was nowhere to be seen.

Two arms wrapped my waist from the back of me and pulled me closer from behind, I could smell the familiar cologne. I let out a shriek from surprise and was about to turn around, but then it came, the feeling of happiness and safety, the feeling in his arms.

I could feel his breath on my neck as he whispered in my ear, "Buon compleanno Senõrita." (translation: Happy birthday, Senõrita.)

Goosebumps went down my arms, he made it, he was here with me on my birthday. Why am I so happy about his presence? We are just friends. I tried controlling my emotions and turned around as I met his emerald eyes and replied a small "thank you." He brought his arms around my waist and we started swaying, we didn't talk, all we did was look into each other's eyes, the people in the background were no more in my vision, all I could see and think about now was the crazy vampire in front of me.

"Well thanks," he said as a playful smirk lingered on his perfect lips. I blinked a few times and asked with a confused expression, "Why?"

He raised his brow at me which reminded me that he can read my mind- I internally smacked myself from forgetting that. What's wrong with me today?

"Stop reading my mind," I whined, because I felt like my thoughts are mine he shouldn't read them.

Lorenzo took my small hand in his large one, I gave him a questioning look as he led me across the hallway and outside the house. He gave me a smile in return as he replied, "let's just walk."

Lorenzo and I were now walking down the street, the sky was full of stars as if all the clouds were hiding so we could share this beautiful moment together. A cool wind brushed my back making me shiver slightly, Lorenzo must have noticed me, he removed his jacket and wrapped it around me. I looked up at him and he smiled down at me.

"I thought you wouldn't make it tonight." I blurted out.

"You think a lot, Senõrita," he said in his Italian accent, my eyes caught the glimpse of a lake as I looked around our surroundings, we were now at least one mile away and I could see a lake on the outskirts of the woods.

The lake in reflective blues, the willing canvas of mountains and sky, brought its own artistic watercolor effect to the night. The lake was calm as the water from its core to the ripples danced, it reflected the dark blue sky and the moon gave its most sincere smile. The view of it calms my soul as if that body of water was as much within me as there in the cradle of mountains.

Lorenzo sat down on the grass and tapped the space beside him for me to sit, "Come sit with me."

I hesitated for a second before doing what he said but then sat with him. Silence filled the cool air, but it wasn't awkward or anything, the only sound that could be heard was of the lake stream.

"The moon looks so pretty tonight, doesn't it?" I asked Lorenzo, looking at the beautiful moon. The moon was a warm milky glow in the sky as if the sight of it could become a song in the eyes of anyone willing to raise their head upward.

"Not as beautiful as you m' lady," Lorenzo said, making me blush in the deepest shade of red. We looked up at the sky for a few moments. It felt like time had stopped and it was only me and Lorenzo. I couldn't believe that I'm sitting beside a vampire in the woods and that too in front of a lake plus I find it very.... comforting?

A/N: I MISSED YOU BABIES. Life is on a hard track rn, sorry for slow updates, but I've written two chapters together.;-;
Hope you'll enjoy the chapters, comment and vote, I love you.