Chapter 7.

ROSE P.O.V.

He left me at the gym, alone. Tracing my fingers on my neck, I could still feel the chill of his lips on my skin.

He's so hot! 

My subconscious confessed. Just pipe down! I've not come here to throw myself at a stranger and become his so-called 'girlfriend'. I came here to achieve my dreams, I try to remind myself. 

Going back to my friends, I found them chatting with each other at the canteen, 

"Renee seems occupied today" I mused when I saw her busy typing away on her cell phone.

"Yeah, she's always busy with her boyfriend." Violet retorted, grinning widely whilst chewing her hamburger.

"Renee has a boyfriend?, I'm shocked!!" I quizzed, covering my mouth dramatically and took a seat beside Grace.

"He's just a friend" Renee struggled to cover and quickly keep her cellphone on the table.

"I don't understand what's there in accepting that you love someone." I asserted teasingly I've observed this a lot, when someone's asked about their supposed romances they say he's just a friend but on the wedding, guess what! The beloved groom is the same, so-called 'good friend'.

"Oh, then you need to tell me where you were for so long, no one goes to the restroom for so long" said Grace this time.

"I...I went to the library" I lied, I couldn't tell them that I was 'having a steamy session' with a stranger.

"Oh. You know our university takes us to hike at Breakneck Ridge every winter. Are you coming?" She asked and without waiting for my reply, she added, "Come on, it will be fun." 

"Umm, I'll think about it." I said and got back to my food.

While everyone was busy with their businesses, my mind was fixed on Lorenzo. Why is he doing this? he doesn't even know me.

"Hey I'm feeling too sleepy, I'll get back to the dorm," I informed my friends.

"Okay, you want me to join?" Grace asked. I really liked this girl, always ready to be there for me.

"No, no I'll get there by myself, it's okay" I answered and made my way towards the dorm room.

Going inside the room I kept my keys on the study table, took my sandals off, and hopped on to my bed. Suddenly the sound of a soft mewl reached my ears. I ignored it at first, trying to get some sleep but then it came again.

"Who's there?" I inquired in a low voice while getting up from my bed, but received no answers.

"Who's there?" I repeated again, a little louder.

As I reached the window, what I saw made me feel relieved. It was a cat, an adorable Persian cat with a beautiful thick brown fur, staring at me with those big brown eyes. But the question was, how did it come inside? Were pets even allowed at NYU? 

"Where did you come from, kitty?" I asked the cat-like he was going to answer me. Then I noticed from the corner of my eyes that the window was open. Of course, it would have come from the window.

I chose to keep him inside, intending to give him back if someone came looking. Getting back into my bed I patted on the space beside me, signaling him to come, but he instantly made his way onto my lap.

"Aren't you a smart cat?" I asked, delighted by his actions. I scratched around his ears and chin as he plopped his head on my lap, enjoying the scratch. His soft long hair tempted me to cuddle with him more and he rubbed against my arm purring contentedly. After our short petting session we both grew tired, the cat curled up into a ball cuddling up to me, ready to sleep while I lay on my pillow. A while later, this was how I ended up sleeping with a cat.

I woke up in the evening and saw that the cat had already left, 'he might have gone out from the window, it was a cute cat though' I thought.

After freshening up I decided to complete my homework and sat on my study table. My literature professor Mrs. James loved giving assignments. My assignment being writing about nature. I was actually glad about it, since I'm a nature lover, so it's a piece of cake for me to write about. 

By the time I finished my assignment, it was dinner time but Grace hadn't returned yet, we always ate dinner together but she was late today. I tried calling her but she wouldn't pick up, so I ended up going to the nearby restaurant on my own, hoping that they served Chinese there. I was craving for some Chinese food. I know I'm an Indian so why do I love Chinese food more? I really don't have an answer.

Please vote and comment!

Thank you.