CHAPTER 21

Gentle strokes of fingertips against her face wake Dara up from her sleep. Her eyes slowly flutter open, blinking in order to adjust her sight. Even before her mind can register what is going on, a pair of soft lips presses on the gap between her eyebrows. A smile stretches on her lips as realization hits her, and the pair of lips against her skin mirrors hers.

"Good morning," Jiyong whispered and stroked his thumb on her cheek. He moves and hovers over her, their eyes finally meeting. "Had a good night sleep?"

She just smiles up at him, and runs her gaze around every corners of his face before it meets his once again.

"So, it's a silent treatment after everything that happened last night?

She chuckles and wraps her arms around his neck. "Silly."

After the kiss they shared by the doorsteps of her apartment, last night, Jiyong asked Dara if he could spend the night at her place. She agreed and both of them spent the evening, talking about their dreams as kids and the things they love, all while lying beside each other on her bed— A moment to know more about each other.

And as his voice started to get lower and slowly fluttered close, she spent the rest of the time staring at his peacefully sleeping face before her own eyes gave in and sleep took over her as well.

Now waking up next to him once again, without panicking just like what happened months ago or running to the bathroom due to morning sickness, her heartbeat races inside her chest.

He leans forward and rests his face at the crook of her neck. He encircles his arms around her waist and carefully pushes himself, closer, making sure not to crash her. "Are you falling for me, even more?" He continuously teased.

She giggles and tightens her arms around his neck. "That's impossible."

"What?"

"How can you possibly ask me that when I've already fallen hard enough, it's difficult to pull myself back?"

Upon hearing this, Jiyong stays still for seconds before starting to pull away. But her tight hold on him makes it impossible for him to process her words while staring down at her face. "Will you please repeat that?" He requested. She shakes her head against his shoulder. "Come on, Dara."

"You heard me," she responded, hiding her face.

"I did, but I want to hear it again while I stare at your face when you repeat those words."

After hearing this, she slowly loosen her arms around him. He slightly pulls away and looks down at her.

"You will not tease me?"

"Sweetheart, just in case you haven't noticed yet, my heart is beating crazily inside my chest right now. You have to take responsibility before I lose it."