CHAPTER THREE

Dara blinks her eyes when Jiyong waves his hand in front of her. She closed her parted mouth and bit the insides of her cheeks after.

"Hi," she simply greeted, not knowing what to say.

They were just exchanging messages earlier, and now he was already standing in front of her. What a coincidence knowing she wasn't expecting to see a known personality like him inside the grocery on a Sunday afternoon— A family day, meaning more crowds and higher possibility of being recognized.

"The last time I checked, I'm not a ghost," he said, chuckling, and reached for the pre-packed beef on the cold glass beneath them. "Beef?" He asked and handed her a pack.

"Ah, yes," she uttered and accepted it with both hands.

"Anything else?" He waited, standing in front of her with both hands shoved inside his slacks pockets.

Dara placed the pack of meat inside the cart and stared at her list. "Uhm, some chips and chocolates." Once the words were out, she could only mentally slap herself. She should have went to get them first before the meat, what was she thinking?

"Alright, let's go," he pulled the small cart from her grasp and pushed it forward.

She was taken aback yet again that she came running after him when he stopped and glanced back at her. "What is he doing here? And what is he doing?"

"I'm buying some stocks. Figured I'll do it myself instead of asking a shopper since I am already around the block," he explained, answering her silent question.

"Oh."

"So, are you free tonight?" She slightly turned her head toward his direction and gave him a small nod. "Great. Let's dine at the nearby hotel."

"Pardon?"

"My treat." Jiyong's eyes squinted and she knew, he was wearing a huge smile behind that face mask. He walked past by her, leaving her in daze.

Did he just offer to take her out for a dinner? Instead of blaming her for last night's disaster?

"He's weird," she mumbled to herself and doubled her steps to catch up on him.

After leaving her groceries on Jiyong's car, Dara found herself seated at one of the VIP rooms of the nearby 4-star hotel.

He ordered for them after inquiring of her preference. She's not really familiar with the menu and she can only thank him for not insisting on choosing from the foods listed on it.

It did not take long when their foods arrived. The waiter poured a small amount of wine on her glass, and she thanked him with a slight bow of her head. Yet, he remained standing few steps away from their table when she did not bother holding the glass.