CHAPTER FIVE

Leaning his back on the backrest of his office chair, Jiyong closes his eyes and draws a sharp intake of breath. He touches the side of his head, feeling it throbbing against the pad of his finger. "Migraine, damn."

With a sigh, he pushes his chair back and stands on his feet. He walks to the side of the room, and pours himself a half-glass of scotch. What a way to cure migraine. But he certainly needs a drink after all the stress for the past days.

With the glass of alcohol on his hand, he makes his way toward the high ceiling glass window. He sips on his drink before drawing his gaze down to the busy street of the business district where the PMO tower is standing. It has been a week since his last decent meal with Taeyeon, and thinking about it, maybe she was right after all. He needs someone who will look after him.

He was not able to stop the bubbling chuckle at the back of his throat and sipped once again from his glass. Obviously, she did not mean a medical practitioner when she said he needs someone to look after his health. She meant someone who he will spend the rest of his life with just like what she found on his brother; A partner.

Would that be possible? How can he actually look for one if he is not even sure if he had completely let go of his unrequited love toward the girl? She has been the center of his attention since the first time he met her.

Not even the girls he dated can come at par with her. Taeyeon has this personality that is impossible to find to just any other girl.

And for some unknown reason, a familiar face crosses his mind— Park Sandara.

Jiyong's lips part before the side of his mouth lifts, and he shakes his head after. Why did she suddenly cross his mind out of nowhere?

Sure, Dara is different from the girls he dated but then again, he is not even dating her. They are just friends who happen to meet at a very, well, not-so-nice circumstance, but dining with her back inside that VIP room gave him the opportunity to know things about her.

Even his last encounter with her on that same day he had lunch with Taeyeon, he was able to find something new about her; She is interested in art, and possibly an artist of her own.

Right. It was probably because of her last message to him on that same day.

With this in mind, he approaches his phone lying on top of his office desk next to a pile of leather folders, and unlocks it to open a particular thread of messages.

From: Dara
Message: Okay. And since we are friends, if you need someone to talk to, I am here to listen. Do not hesitate to message me Jiyong, okay?

Running his thumb on the words shown over the screen, the corner of his mouth lifts. He wants to. But what is he going to say? 'What's up Dara?', or 'Sooo. Art...' , or 'Hey, Dara. I am having girl problems. I mean, having problems with a girl I used to like. I cannot seem to move on from this silly one-sided love I've had for her for quite some time now. Care to give some advice?'