CHAPTER SEVEN

After Jiyong left, Dara had a hard time deciding which one to do first as the events of last night, the only ones she can clearly recall, flooded her mind. And as she sorted her messy thoughts, getting appropriately dressed as if she just got out of bed came first in her agenda.

Occasionally wincing from muscle pains she have no clear recollection what had caused them, she managed to get into her pajamas. She starts collecting her discarded clothes in the floor and heat creeps on her cheeks as they press the obvious— She spent the night with Kwon Jiyong.

She wants to scold herself. Getting too drunk wasn't part of her plan when she agreed on having few drinks with him in order to blow off some steam out of her system. Now, she has to deal with the aftermath of her carelessness.

As she steps out of her room, she suddenly remember lying to her friends about spending the night watching movies over beer and fried chicken. Now, how can she possibly weave through that lie when she doesn't even have any evidence of those in her apartment?

And miracle must be siding on her, a box of leftover fried chicken and bottles of beer rest on top of the table in the living room. With fast movements, she approaches them and stares at them in complete awe.

"Are you kidding me?" She mumbles to herself as she lifts an empty bottle. "I can be a professional liar after this."

The sound of knocks drags her out of her reverie. She blinks her eyes before placing down the bottle and walks toward the entrance.

A paper bag hovers near her face as she opens the door. She pulls it out of Chaerin's grasp and sifts through what's inside, only to find yet another three boxes of fried chicken.

She looks up at them, confusion written on her face.

"Don't give us that look, Park Sandara," Bom says as she walks pass her. Minji and Chaerin trail behind her, and enter her apartment.

"I didn't know you are coming over," she says as she closes the door and follows them inside.

Chaerin faces her after putting the plastic bag she's holding on her small kitchen counter. "Alright, first of all, you left our messages on seen last night."

"I was busy last night?" Dara responds with uncertainty in her voice. Good thing, her friend didn't take it for anything other than a sarcastic remark.

"Right. But then, we tried calling and messaging you early this morning just to remind you again. Guess four bottles of beer and a box of some chicken knocked you out, real good." She fidgeted at this. Apparently, something else is to blame for that. Or someone. "Anyway, it is your turn to host our monthly Netflix and chill agenda today that is why we're here," Chaerin finishes as she unloads the packs of junk foods from the plastic.

"I don't have Netflix, remember? My subscription officially ended last month."