CHAPTER SIX

Dara exhales as she locks her phone and stares at her reflection in the mirror. She just sent a message to her friends, inquiring if she can drink, well, alcohol. It drew suspicions since it was out of character for her to ask such question out of nowhere. 

What was good thing about asking through their group chat was that they wouldn't know that she lied when she said she bought some friend chicken, and she intended to devour them partnered with some beer.

A sigh escaped her lips once again. She just told her friends that she's cozying up in her apartment, when in fact, she's inside the restroom of a bar, flushed from the liquor she just downed moments ago. There is no need for them to know that she's out with Jiyong, and is about to pour all her frustrations and get herself drunk. 

Pocketing her phone, she adjusts her glasses, tucks a strand of hair behind her ear and with a nod, exits the room. Threading her way toward their table, Dara slides herself back on her seat and drains the contents of the glass she left when she excused herself.

As she places the mug down on the table, the man seated in front of her chuckles. 

"Something upsets you back in the restroom?" Jiyong asked as he did the same on his mug, chugging his own drink.

Swallowing, she shakes her head. "Nothing," she responds and finally notices another two buckets of beer on top of their table. "Are you planning to get drunk?"

"I am. Aren't you?" He stares at the glass of cola next to her that remains untouched. "Should we get rid of that?"

She glances at the mug and without a word, takes a swig from it. Another chuckle escapes Jiyong's lips. "I need that," she says while wiping her lips.

"If you say so," he shrugs.

Her eyes roam around the area, taking note of the surprisingly calming ambiance of the place. The dim light complements the mellow music coming from the band performing on the low stage in the middle of the room. And for a Friday evening wherein she expected the place to be packed, there are still empty tables yet the business is booming and orders seemed to be endless.

"Here you go," a guy wearing an apron places a plate of fried chicken in front of them. "Haven't seen you around for quite a while now, Jiyong."

"Corporate stuff is being a pain in the ass. I missed your specialty that's why I dropped by, Alex." He explains with a smile and plucks a piece of chicken from the pile.

Dara felt the guy named Alex eyes on her. She looks up at him and offers him a shy smile which he responds to with a huge grin. 

"Aren't you going to introduce me to your pretty girl, Kwon?"

She is about to correct him but Jiyong beats her to it, and speaks. "Alex, this is Dara, my beautiful companion." Heat rises on her cheeks at his description. "Dara, this is Alexander, a good friend of mine. He owns this place."