CHAPTER NINE

From: Bom

Message: Dara, dinner at Las Flores later, 7PM.

To: Bom

Message: What's the occasion?

From: Bom

Message: Do we need an occasion for me to treat my friends for some fancy dinner?

To: Bom

Message: Nope, not really. I am definitely in for the treat.

From: Bom

Message: I knew you'd say that. Anyway, Chae has prior commitments while Minji has an early schedule tomorrow. But they'll be joining us for our NAC day at my place this weekend. So, I'll see you later?

To: Bom

Message: Yup. See you!

"What time is it?" A voice suddenly resonates around the playground, and Dara raises her head to look at the familiar source.

Her students follow suit, removing their gazes from their canvas. They all turn their heads toward the same direction.

Jiyong is there, standing with boxes of what seems to be donuts on his hands, and wearing a huge smile on his face. With this, more than a dozen pairs of eyes all turn back to her.

She blinks and smiles before glancing down at her wrist watch.

"Well, it's snack time?" She announces, and the kids beam and start running toward Jiyong's direction. Dara cannot help but to shake her head at the sight.

He has been doing this for the past two weeks; Bringing snacks for the kids twice a week. Now that she realizes this, she wonders if he's not busy with anything.

Dara places her things on the swing and approaches the bench near them. The kids are busy devouring their sweets when he finally joins her.

"How's your day, Miss Dara?" He asked and offered her a box of donuts in a separate plastic. She accepted it.

She smiles at him. "Good. How about yours, Mister Kwon?"

"Better now," he responded, grinning. She chuckles and shakes her head. She leans her back on the bench and stares at the kids. He notices that she hasn't opened her box of donuts yet. "You're not hungry?"

"Actually, I don't have the appetite. I think it was because of the fried chicken I ate last night."

"Fried chicken?"

"Yes! I saw the contact information of Alexander's bar in my apartment that you left, and I can't help but to crave for it. It has been more than a month since I tried that delicious dish, you know. I ended up ordering two dozens, and ate them all last night."