Chapter 6 - Unspoken Agony,

Reshape yourself through the power of your will, never let yourself be degraded by self-will.

                                               -Gita Shlok

This fire of anger, pain betrayal, and hurt is raging higher with each passing minute within the other fire born tormenting and provoking him to burn everything that comes in his sight. He was trying to suppress this volcano erupting inside him but failing miserably. He was feeling a whirlpool of emotions at the same time. He was angry at the whole Kuruvansh for insulting his pious sister, hurt because the mighty Pandavas who took the oath of protecting their sister around the holy fire in their wedding are failed to do so. This betrayal is eating his sanity on top of that he was feeling guilty for not be there when his sister needed him the most. He was blaming himself for not being able to protect his sister. He was considering himself as a failure who failed to protect his sister's honor. He was trying to contemplate all his feelings and get a hold of himself when a guilt-ridden voice fell in his ear.

"Dhri I know I am guilty I failed to protect your sister and you must have been angry with me. Just vent your anger on me don't let it eat your sanity." Requested Yudhishthira fully aware of the trauma from which Dhristdyumna is going through.

"When will you people even protect my sister? What kind of happiness you all are giving her? Right from the first day, you all are treating her like some possession or an object. Then your mother asked you all to share her among you five like an alms and now you staked her like a gold coin. Last time I clearly remember my father giving a kanyadaan to you Panduputron, not some gold added statue." Seethed Dhristdyumna with a very angry voice. Yudhishthira lowered his eyes due to shame and guilt while a lone tear escaped dhri's eyes remembering his sister's state.

" I'm sorry I know whatever happened was wrong you have every right to be angry but I've done what was my dharma in the Sabha nevertheless it was wrong but I wasn't able to fathom that my cousin. I mean the Dhritrashtra sons to behave like such low." Yudhishthira replied in a sad voice.

Dhristdyumna let a snort "Ohh really? After asking you to bet on your wife did you expect them to bring my sister in a flower basket and treat her like a goddess. This is the second time.. second time you all broke my trust regarding my sister's dignity and safety."

"The Pandavas' trust broken number of times in the hands of the Kauravas to Panchal Yuvraj. I'm not saying there's no fault of Jyeshta Yudhishthira or the rest of the Pandavas but it's not entirely their fault isn't it? Right now is not the right moment for doing all this mathematics. Instead of fighting among each other try sticking together and think about the future." Krishna intervenes them entering the room.

Both men took a glance of the glorious Dwarkadheesh and returned at their ongoing debate. Dhristadyumna's anger did not die but it did subside a bit at the words of Krishna.

"Why are you going on this exile then? You know this was not a fair game you were cheated by that cunning Gandhar Naresh so why instead of taking revenge you all accept this and included my sisters and those innocent kids too. Panchal army with me and our allies and are with you. Is it not enough for the 100 princes and the king of Anga? Just one yes I'll order the Panchal army to wage a war against Hastinapur. Dwarkadheesh, ask them your sister and nephew are on the verge of being a forest dweller stop all this." Dhristdyumna asked with hope.

"I can understand your anger and frustration Yuvraj Dhristdyumna but we were given exile for 12 years and 1 year hidden as per the rules. It's my dharma to follow that. I cannot disobey the rules and do an Adharm. If I had to abandon dharma then I would've done that in that Dyut Sabha when I was being cheated. Please Yuvraj doesn't compel me because I won't change my decision and I don't like to say any more than I've said now. About others, they are free to choose and take their decisions Panchali too but I will follow dharma and fulfill my share of the deal." Yudhishthira replied with folded hands.

"Waging a war and winning it not only requires valorous army and anger Yuvraj Dhristdyumna. The enemy and its power have to be estimated. Will you wage a war against Hastinapur who has warriors like Gangaputra Bhism, Guru Drona, Kul guru Kripacharya, Dronputra Ashwatthama, Angraj Karna, Yuvraj Duryodhana? These are all warriors Yuvraj. You cannot just go and fight with them without training the allies and not surely without a divine weapon. Like us, Hastinapur too is supported by various kingdoms. Also, this isn't just a war for revenge. This is going to be a Dharmayudh which will change the face of the entire Aryavrat. Only the party who has Dharma on their side will win and for that this test of 13 years is mandatory." Krishna spoke in his usual calm voice but in this calmness both the warriors can hear the steps of the upcoming storm.

"Dhri instead of wasting your anger on your loved ones save it and turn it into a weapon to slash the throats of your enemies. Make your pain your purpose. It is late now I would suggest both of you take some rest and leave everything on time. From the upcoming dawn, there is a new chapter of life start for all? Time is going to take its biggest test. Everyone who is a part of this chapter with whatever reason and purpose will be remembered till the end of it." The three men present there, shared a look among themselves after this forecast mentally preparing them to unfold this new chapter of life.   

                        *************

Subhadra was walking aimlessly towards the main hall where a few minutes ago the foretelling of the future of Aryavrat took place. She was about to cross the main door and put one foot outside the palace the voice of her Sakhi her head caretaker Pratima held her wrist from behind. Felling this tug she turned to find a pair of glassy eyes looking at her sadly. This sadness in her eyes tore her already broken heart. The illusionary princess of Dwarka who is an enchantress as the people from the Aryavrat mentioned her is habituated to being the reason for a smile on someone's face not the sadness of anybody's eyes. All this is making her empty from inside and this hollow is filled with darkness.

"Where are you going Subha?" asked her friend worriedly realizing that her lovely princess is zoned out.

"Huh," the only word came out of Subhadra's mouth in response.

"Where are you lost, princess? Look where are you standing at the main door. You were about to go out at this hour of the night. Thankfully I saw you at the right time and stopped you. Are you realizing anything?" Pratima questioned shaking her.

"In the search of some answers. You go and sleep Sakhi and that's my order. Parihar" stating this she removed her hands from Pratima's grip and left the palace in search of solace. The poor maid remains rooted there watching the lovely princess fade in the darkness with blurred vision. 

===============================

Hey guys! We hope all of you are doing well

How was the chapter? Did you liked it?

What was your favorite part?

Do vote and comment!

Until then...

Stay safe! Stay happy! TATA