Chapter 9- Beginning of End

From anger there comes delusion; from delusion, the loss of memory; from the loss of memory,
the destruction of discrimination; and with the destruction of discrimination, he is lost.

-Gita Shlok

She asked the worried-looking Pratima about the whereabouts of Abhimanyu. Pratima is the handmaid of Draupadi and in no way wasn't strictly ordered by her queen to take care of her little warrior and above all, every maid is in love with the copper eyes charming boy he is. Though all the kids are loved by everyone Abhi has a special place in everyone's heart. Pratima informed her worriedly that Abhimanyu is missing no one can find him. Earlier whenever such a situation occurred only the fireborn empress can find him. It seems like she just knew somehow in her soul where he is hiding. They are called the soul mother-child for a reason. 

Other than her no one can find their beloved prince it is considered that he got these qualities from his not-so-famous uncle the mighty Dwarkadhish. Subhadra shakes her head a little at her son's antiques. She gestured to Pratima through her eyes that she will find him. The handmaid relaxed a bit but was still confused because before that she never saw Subhadra ever looking for Abhi. She tried to remember one such incident when Subhadra looked for her son but she wasn't able to recall one. She only gets the flashes of Subhadra's calm smile like she is completely aware of what's happening so she never tried. Everyone is unable to understand this attitude of her. Even once Drau asked the reason for this and Subhadra just smiled in response. Meanwhile, Subhadra closed her eyes and just whispered lightly

"Abhi where are you son?"

Within a few seconds, the little boy appeared from Draupadi's room wrapped in her Angavastra while keeping one of its stone-studded corner in his mouth and clutching the other in his fist. He walked towards his mother not trying to trip. Pratima looked in wonder how he heard her mother's whisper when she just heard it faintly standing close to her. Subhadra picked her little one lulling him that he missed his Badi ma.

"So, who my son loves the most?" Subhadra lulled kissing his chubby cheeks.

"Badi ma." He replied clutching her neck tightly in a bear hug proving something entirely different. No matter whatever the kid says his mother is always going to be his first and foremost love, a love that will define his destiny. The Dwarka princess left the place to check the preparation leaving Pratima questioning in wonder "How?" Her question is answered by the other fire born.

"They are Subhadra and Abhi what to expect do anyone here is left from her charm? They are related to the mighty Dwarkadhish, their bond is something completely undecipherable. They are completely unearthly so does their bond. You and I can only wonder so better instead of questioning just watch it unfold." Pratima just nodded in awe.

Meanwhile in Hastinapur Duryodhan can't get over with celebrating his victory. Today he almost won everything. He knew that his Dharmraj brother won't return a single day before completion so he doesn't have to worry at least for 12 years. In the last year of exile, all he has to do is to find where they are hiding and they will go on another exile for the next 13 years.

 While Gandharraj Shakuni is happy that he finally got succeeded in destroying Kuruvansh to an extent. Karna is one side happy he got revenge for his insult but on the other hand the way they took for it doesn't let him rest peacefully. He remembered how his father refused to acknowledge him anymore while for the first time he saw the pain and shame in his mother and wife's eyes. He knew this action of his made them feel disgusted as a woman. 

To lessen his guilt to an extent he decided to stay on the bank of Ganga at the outskirts of Hastinapur. He refused to go as representative leading the Hastinapur army for taking the Indraprasth palace under control. He was sure Pandavas must have left till now but he doesn't find the courage to encounter the younger Dwarka princess or any of the kids. Duryodhan happy with the victory doesn't force him to go.