Chapter 7 - Farewell

Happiness is a state of mind, that has nothing to do with external world

- Gita Shlok

Subhadra kept walking aimlessly to those dark and empty roads of Indraprasth. Unlike every day the illusionary city is eerily quiet today. Some howling of wolves and crying of wild dogs can be heard from the jungle outside the city but this weird and uncomfortable night doesn't have any effect on the broken Dwarka princess. She has so many questions going in her mind. She is fighting a very bad battle with her own concise. She heard the temple bell from Gauri-Shankar temple outskirts of the city. Her feet that have a mind of their own dragged her towards the temple. The priest's sleep got disturbed by the jingling of her anklets. He was shocked to see the divine princess at the doorstep of the temple, not in her complete senses. He decided not to disturb her and let her inside the temple as this time at night it's not safe for her to leave outside. She just sits outside the door of the temple leaning to the wall without a word.

 Back in the palace eyes of Dwarkadheesh fluttered open a bitter smile formed on his lips. Meanwhile, the third Pandav was pacing in his room waiting impatiently for his beloved wife. She is his whole world no matter however sad he is one sight of her and his smile returned to him. The theory of the people is true she has wrapped him around her small finger. She is the one who brings him peace and solace and today he needed them the most but the center of his universe is nowhere to be found. Lastly, he can't hold himself and left in search of her. He reached the common only to find Pratima informing his Madhav about his Subha's leaving the palace alone hours ago and there is no news of her till now. He felt everything blacking out for a while. No his concise screamed at him; he can't fail twice in a single day. First, he was feeling guilty to not protect their common wife from insult but no not his Subha. He can't lose her; he doesn't know what he will do without her. He comes in his sense noticing Krishna leaving the palace worried.

"Madhav wait I will come with you"

"Fine Arjun come fast let me bring the chariot" Krishna replied blankly. He gets shocked hearing Krishna to address him as Arjun instead of Paarth but he composed himself as this is not the right time to ponder over this. Both men left hurriedly to find a part of their soul. The silence of the city made them worried about Subhadra's safety. Unable to find her in the whole city Arjun gets worried. Lastly, they decide to check the temple only to find her sitting devastated. Their heart broke a little more looking at her state.

"Bhadre what are you doing here alone at this hour? No matter whatever the matter is you know you can always come to your brother right. I know Dau is not here but I am still here my lovely sister." Krishna asked emotionally sitting beside her.

"Why? Why we only?" She asked in a hollow voice.

"Destiny and purpose I have only these two things to say to your sister. Even Mahakal can't escape the wheel of time we have to play our roles no matters how much it hurts us." Krishna answered her sadly.

"So this is our roles and purpose then fine I will pack mine and Abhi's thing....."

"You both are not coming. I don't want both of you to live such a life. I want the best for both of you. I took this decision while returning from Hastinapur. This punishment is for us not for you. I don't want to ruin your lives. So as much as this decision will pain you, you both are not coming. I want you to promise me to stay behind and look after yourself and your kids." Arjun spoke cutting her midway.

"Well being, decision. Nobody cares to ask me anything again. How does it matters even what Subhadra thinks but don't worry like any other promise I will fulfill this also. This Yadav Kanya Subhadra and Subhadra Nandan Abhimanyu will show their faces to all of you after the completion of your 13 years of exile, not a single day before. I guess we should return I have to check up on kids." She stated before leaving the temple premise alone. Both the men shivered at the coldness in her voice. She was colder than Ice. For the first time, Arjun realized that she is much more than a beautiful and soft-spoken princess while Krishna being aware of her true form decided to let her be.