Chapter 11 - Astonishment

I accept the offering of even a leaf, a flower, fruit or water, when it is offered with loving devotion.

-Geeta Shlok

The court of Dwaraka was stunned when a messenger brought in the news of their king Sri Krishna bringing his aunt along with Angraj Karn.

Though the visit of the rajmata of Indraprasth was not new and not suprising but the arrival of a certain king of Anga was disturbing after what happened in the wretched dyut sabha and what role the king of Anga played in it.

Sriman Balraam along with his wife Rani Revathi stood at the entrance of the palace along with the Ashta Mahishi looking for a glimpse of Vasudev Krishna so that their questions are answered.

After all the welcomes and some awkward hellos Rajmata Kunti was escorted towards the chamber of her brother Vasudev while Angraj was escorted to a guest chamber before anything is revealed before others.

Once everyone was out of sight and the only occupants of the room were the two sons of Vasudev along with their wives did the elder brother asked the question that was lingering in the minds of the other occupants other than Krishna " What is Angraj Karn doing here Kanha?"

"He's here to repent his mistakes and try to rectify them Dau" and there was the answer Balram was fed up of thus he spoke in an exasperated voice "for once in your life Kanha only for once for the sake of Narayan speak the sentence in straight and direct words."

This earned a chuckle from his younger brother making Balram to throw his hands in the air and step back.

His little brother loves playing games with his words.

Satyabhama gave a skeptical look at her husband before stating in a slow and calculative voice "You would not bring him here for giving him punishment. You brought him here along with Bua Kunti so as long as I understand Swami did you reveal the truth that Angraj is the eldest son of Bua Swami?"

"Ahhh!!!! You are the clever one Bhamae." Exclaimed the dark-skinned god.

This led to collective gasps from everyone while Balram was shocked at the turn of the events, this was not supposed to happen, the revelation was due till the start of the war isn't it?

Both Rukmani and Balram shared confused glances amongst each other.

"Will this not lead to major changes in the future my lord?" asked Jambavathi taking a seat near her husband while keeping a hand over her protruding belly.

"Jiji is right Naath. This would mean that Angraj would escape from getting his punishment in the hands of Karma for his foul words against sakhi Draupadi in the dice hall. This is not fair" complained Satrajit kumari flinching a bit at remembering at the amount of humiliation her friend faced in the hands of the the two Gandhari nandan and Angraj Karn.

"Everyone will get what their karma decides priye. No one is an exception. Angraj has committed a mistake but he is repenting that now but that doesn't give him the chance to escape what is store of the destiny. He sure will be punished for the foul words he used in the dyut sabha."

"But how Kanha? Angraj here in Dwaraka means he is siding with us and the pandavas as he knows the relationship now. This is also an open secret that other than Arjun there is no other warrior who can defeat Angraj in the battlefield. How will Karn get his share of punishment?" Dau was more confused now than a kid who is learning trigonometry for the first time.

"Dau I did say that Bhrata Karn knows his birth secret and is now repenting his mistakes, but he is here with us only for the children of the Pandavas not to stay as our ally and wage a war against Hastinapur. If a war arises in the future, he will stand along with the warriors of the Kaurava Army not with the Pandava's army."

"With that Sri Krishna left the hall towards his chamber pulling his pregnant wife Jambavati along with him." a sad Bhadra voiced out her thoughts to Rani Rukmani who shared a knowing sad glance with all the people present in the hall.

Rukmani did not reply to the question her youngest co-wife asked because she knows the answer is known by everyone there, Bhadra knows too but she asked in a hope that she would hear another answer that would have a positive note to it.

With the clouds of a major destruction in the name of a war is looming on the heads of each and every person in the entire Bharatvarsh there is no chance of positivity.

Unknown to these politics and chaos there were innocent lads sleeping peacefully in a chamber while their mother who was known for her calm and bubbly nature was fuming and was marching towards her second elder brother's room to ask about the reason as to why he brought the man who was responsible for the humiliation her sister faced and her husband vowed to kill him to Dwaraka especially when she and her children were living here.

================================

Hey guys! We hope all of you are doing well

How was the chapter? Did you liked it?

What was your favorite part?

Do vote and comment!

Until then...

Stay safe! Stay happy! TATA