||Introduction||

Mahabharat - One of the longest poems ever written. It is a poem that depicts bonding, love and righteousness.It is a poem that shows the true meaning of sacrifices. It is a poem that shows the wonders that a strong bond between people can do. One of the beautiful bonds illustrated by the poem is that of sibling hood.

Siblinghood - The bond between people born to the same parents. What if one of the parent is fire? One of the unperceived pair of siblings are the two fire borns, Dhristadyumna and Draupadi. Two people who were brought to earth with a purpose. Two people who had their chance at childhood stolen from them.

Another group of undiscovered siblings are the sons of the above mentioned fire born herself, the Upapandavs. The siblings who were separated from their parents at a very young age only to be separated from them forever just after reuniting, by the hands of fate.

The unfortunate game of dice that changed the life of the both the group of siblings also brought them close. Providing a chance to connect with each other, it also let the elder fire born salvage at least a part of the kids' childhood before they entered the cruel embrace of the inevitable war that is waiting for them. It gave an opportunity to the prince of Panchal to ease their transition into warriors from children.

However, the invaluable connection between the brothers and their uncle failed to bag its place in the pages of history. The molding of the five boys as they grew developing their relations with their brother Abhimanyu, their sisters and elders failed to catch the limelight even for a short while. Attempting to sneak a look into their lives, this book aims to discover the enclosed years of the Upapandavas' story.